Boot failure : (

gotmilk

Whenever I try to boot up on my other hard drive (the one that has Vista installed), I get this error:

"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

I inserted the disk and tried to let Vista "repair" itself, but no luck.  Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

i have a computer that is doing the same thing, but i dont have vista. turn it on right now and it will boot and after about 15 20 min, the puter will reboot and tell me that same thing. but i have also noticed that when it reboots the bios doesnt see my drives, i have 1 cd and 3 hd, and it wont see any. Im guessing my board is going out, so i have went out and got another and about to start the change out. i hope thats not ur problem

do u hear any clicking are anything when u try to boot that drive??

Umm backup... Like pointed out earlier... Run the a disk sweep on the system and also try to fix the MBR with the repair function.. I know that XP that is part of the recovery console.. but I have not played with Vista yet to know all of the ins and outs..

Can you access your files from the drive vista is on? I assume you have vista on your slave drive? So can you access them from the master drive? Now do not quote me on this one. I believe microsoft changed there mind on installing vista and set it up more like xp. As long as its only on one machine its ok. Look into that more. I like swimmer have not installed vista on my machine. Will give it a year or so then put it on my slave drive.

Umm backup... Like pointed out earlier... Run the a disk sweep on the system and also try to fix the MBR with the repair function.. I know that XP that is part of the recovery console.. but I have not played with Vista yet to know all of the ins and outs..

I know how to backup, but how do I run a disk sweep.  I have already used the "repair" function several times, with no luck, but it's worth trying again.

Can you access your files from the drive vista is on? I assume you have vista on your slave drive? So can you access them from the master drive? Now do not quote me on this one. I believe microsoft changed there mind on installing vista and set it up more like xp. As long as its only on one machine its ok. Look into that more. I like swimmer have not installed vista on my machine. Will give it a year or so then put it on my slave drive.

Yes, I can access my files, so the hard drive is still good.  Both of my drives are SATA drives, so they're neither slave nor master (or maybe they are and I just don't know what I'm talking about).