What's your Windows Vista Experience Index score?

jypagan

quadro fx 1300 128 meg

my friend stole it from a computer in one of his classes a few years ago lol.. he gave it to me because his comp didnt have a pci express slot. i would buy a new one but im waiting until geforce cards are 512 meg and have directx 10 support that are reasonably priced...

Sadly i got a 1.0 Because i seriously need to upgrade and my computer is upgraded to the maximum 1gig of ram, video card is a joke and it would be easier on my pocket if i just buy a new computer. Any recommendations since all i have used is a Sony Vaio?????

All depends on how much your willing to shell out???  Acer Laptops are decent for the price you get decent quality, they have came along ways, i know ive never had any problems with there Flat panels. my laptop is exandable to 4gig of DDR2 533 or 677

All depends on how much your willing to shell out???  Acer Laptops are decent for the price you get decent quality, they have came along ways, i know ive never had any problems with there Flat panels. my laptop is exandable to 4gig of DDR2 533 or 677

Four years ago i paid $3000 at best buy, It was a top of the line computer, Well so i thought it was cause the Geek squad told me so ha ha What a joke!!. Nowadays  i can pay $600 and get a better computer than what i have, Of course  without the upgrades i have made..

I'm willing to pay up to $2000 now that I'm familiar with computers. But it has to have everything to make it powerful for video. I'm looking in to Dell's or just putting together my own, making it expandable to 4 gigs of ram with dual core processors and the fastest video cards available I have never built one before so i might end up buying one that has everything i need.

Four years ago i paid $3000 at best buy, It was a top of the line computer, Well so i thought it was cause the Geek squad told me so ha ha What a joke!!. Nowadays  i can pay $600 and get a better computer than what i have, Of course  without the upgrades i have made..

I'm willing to pay up to $2000 now that I'm familiar with computers. But it has to have everything to make it powerful for video. I'm looking in to Dell's or just putting together my own, making it expandable to 4 gigs of ram with dual core processors and the fastest video cards available I have never built one before so i might end up buying one that has everything i need.

I paid 600 for my laptop does everything that i want on it, its got the fast AMD Turion64 2.0GHz processor in it and a gig of Ram DDR 533 and a 80Gig SATA HD and ATI Radeon Express 1100 along with the HyperMemory. 

I guess i just like the mobility part of it nothing like pakcing up your system with you in a flash.

Now since im not that smart to put together a laptop so i had to go and buy one lol but my other systems is a sweet one well actually its my Gaming/Sever system that one runs XP pro but my laptop has Vista Basic on it right now but soon to have Business addition on it after i get my disk that i ordered.

Im in the process of upgrading my Server but im waiting for the AMD's true Quad Core  :grin2: nothing like haiving 4 cores into one,  also in the processes of upgrading the drives. going to put a WD Raptor for the main drive then 2 500Gig secondary HD's along with my 2 USB HD's for additional back drives. and of course with my D-link 4300 wireless gaming router was a sweet addition to impliment a Gigabit eithernet.

you know for 4000 dollars i could build one hell of a mack daddy system  :grin2:  if only dreams could come true lol

its not your cheap memory the score by how much memory you have, the more the higher, all scores max out at 5.9

I think ur wrong about that one.. I also have two gigs of RAM, though my memory score is 5.7. And to top that off, its dual channel kingston value ram lol...

Edit: ... I just noticed in his sig it says he has ddr400, which is pc3200. Mines ddr533, which is pc4300. Possibly the difference in score?...

• 2 weeks later...

I think ur wrong about that one.. I also have two gigs of RAM, though my memory score is 5.7. And to top that off, its dual channel kingston value ram lol...

Edit: ... I just noticed in his sig it says he has ddr400, which is pc3200. Mines ddr533, which is pc4300. Possibly the difference in score?...

No it actually goes by how much Ram you have installed, read this link.

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/pages/458117.aspx