What's your Windows Vista Experience Index score?

jypagan

its not by how much ram you have, i have 4GB of ram and i get a 5.2 for ram lower then his 2GB of ram.

I know i have only a gig of ram and i have 3.9 score, tomorrow i have my 2 gigs here in the mail i will see what kind of a difference it makes.

You must have cheap memory then if only a 5.2 for 4gigs of Ram

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsvista/krieger_wei.mspx

Read the section about memory and how it affects the scoring this is from microsoft so i am pretty sure they know how there OS works.  After all they did design it

Read the section about memory and how it affects the scoring this is from microsoft so i am pretty sure they know how there OS works.  After all they did design it

I would not be so sure they know how it works  :grin:

Actually, no one person knows of everything in windows, they all have seperate projects and unite them into an OS. But then again, they can communicate.

About the memory score, this is the quote from the website that was provided above about memory:

"The Memory Score

The memory score measures the bandwidth of moving data into and out of memory in mega bytes per second. The higher the bandwidth, the better the memory.

Not having enough memory is a limiting factor on performance. As a result, the amount of memory in the system constrains the score value. The amount of system memory is determined by the overall system memory minus any memory reserved for graphics (if any).

The amount of memory limits are:

Less than 256 MB      1.0

Less than 500 MB        2.0

512 MB or less            2.9

Less than 704 MB        3.5

Less than 960 MB        3.9

Less than 1.5 GB        4.5"

That should clear things up.

ok my windows Vista Ultimate scores 3.7

Memory RAM: memory operations per secound 4.1

Graphics: Desktop Performance for Windows Aero 5.9

Gaming graphics: 3D Business and gaming graphics Performance 5.2

Prmary Hard Disk: Disk data transfer rate 5.3

so Im not sure if this good performance!  :grin2:[nerdly]

About the memory score, this is the quote from the website that was provided above about memory:

"The Memory Score

The memory score measures the bandwidth of moving data into and out of memory in mega bytes per second. The higher the bandwidth, the better the memory.

Not having enough memory is a limiting factor on performance. As a result, the amount of memory in the system constrains the score value. The amount of system memory is determined by the overall system memory minus any memory reserved for graphics (if any).

The amount of memory limits are:

Less than 256 MB    1.0

Less than 500 MB        2.0

512 MB or less            2.9

Less than 704 MB        3.5

Less than 960 MB        3.9

Less than 1.5 GB      4.5"

That should clear things up.

I think you got it all mixed up. 

• 2 years later...

My experience with Vista is I can't wait until the official release of Windows 7. :wink:

Mine too, I wont waste my time with the test, although I'm running vista ultimate on a another machine, that I put together myself, core 2 duo 4 gigs ram blah blah , that ran XP like an F-15, that in turn , runs vista, like one of those 3 cylinder tin can cars from the 80's going up though the rocky mountians  :haha: it's slow as hell, it hasn't ever crashed, but it just stinks to try and do anything on. Even the internet creeps along. There's at least a 3-5 second delay as you watch that pretty little progress bar at the bottom load  :haha:  Never again.

My experience with Vista is I can't wait until the official release of Windows 7. :wink:

Same here Coknuck...  I hope Windows 7 is better than what most of you describe Vista as..

Mine too, I wont waste my time with the test, although I'm running vista ultimate on a another machine, that I put together myself, core 2 duo 4 gigs ram blah blah , that ran XP like an F-15, that in turn , runs vista, like one of those 3 cylinder tin can cars from the 80's going up though the rocky mountians  :haha: it's slow as hell, it hasn't ever crashed, but it just stinks to try and do anything on. Even the internet creeps along. There's at least a 3-5 second delay as you watch that pretty little progress bar at the bottom load  :haha:  Never again.

I'm a kid with a new toy and don't know much about Vista mudmanc4

I couldn't wait to buy a new computer with Windows 7.

It must be that I'm running a new machine, but this new one is many times faster than my old one..

everything runs the opposite of what you described on mine. Including speed tests, which are twice as

fast on my Vista than my XP, of course that's an old outdated and obsolete machine.

but I'm with you, Can't wait for the next OS.

I started using windows 7 and my experience score went up .1 to 4.7, it might have something to do with a driver. I've noticed in the past that my gaming graphics score which is my lowest score will change depending on what driver i have installed.