So Armstrong Cable wants $5 to share the internet via router!

ratchet

So, I get this email today offering zoomshare for up to four computers for $5, including the router.  I've been using my own router for over two years now.  The wireless option is enabled when one of my four children are home, which occurs over holidays and some weekends.  Did they recognize that I'm already using a router from the MAC address?  Can they stop me from using it?  I've never seen a defined policy.  Indeed, when the original Modem went and they installed a new one, they saw I was using a router, although their techs may not give a hoot!  What do you think?  Thanks!

I have never heard of a company prohibiting u from installing ur own router and sharing it with YOUR family.

its not that u are reselling it to anyone or making it open to the public, so dont take any crap man

ur safe dont worry as long as u keep it for personal use since i presume u got a personal connections

safe

Did it say they wanted $5 a month to rent it to you?  Like a cable modem rental

I presume that is what the add means.  In over two years since they took the franchise over I've never had one email from them, so I thought it was kind of odd advertising this "ZoomShare" deal.  I'm actually quite satisfied with them overall!

If the email didnt say that you had to use that equipment then dont worry about.. My guess that your ISP just signed a contract with zoom to provide equipment... You should be able to run your setup as it is right now...

• CA3LE locked this topic