Network file sharing question

Supreme1

Alright i send files to my brother computer quite often since he has the largest HD and i have 2 externals hooked to his. What i wanna know is when i am sending the files over the line is his resources suppose to be eatin up?. Also recently he has been unable to even connect to the net when i am sending. is this normal or did i screw up somewhere.

Thank ya folks for the info pertaining to the subject at hand. Also are there any GUI based Network file sharing programs?

. What i wanna know is when i am sending the files over the line is his resources suppose to be eatin up?.

Yes, his resources are being used while you transfer data to and from the hard drives.

Also recently he has been unable to even connect to the net when i am sending. is this normal or did i screw up somewhere.

Most likely a resource issue..  Either CPU or more likely memory related.. 

Thank ya folks for the info pertaining to the subject at hand. Also are there any GUI based Network file sharing programs?

There is one out there that is pretty popular on this forum.. However, I can not recall it off the top of my head right now...

Guest jeffwalker9999

a very ggod free application is called foldershare www.foldershare.com

i have bben using it now for a few years and very good

not a hog of memory

my 2 cents