connection shuts off when phone rings

JH2688

hi,

I have been trouble with my dsl connection. It seem to disconnect whenever the phone rings, but it only does it when im playing a game. It only does it my my laptop. It never did this before. My ISP says that there is no problem on there end.

What are some reasons for this and how do i fix it?

Do you have a 2.4ghz phone station near the wireless router?  Either way try unplugging any wireless phone and make a call to the house and see if it happens when a wired phone is answered..

You say it is only on your laptop?

Yeah I agree with Swimmer, your problem is probably with the 2.4ghz interference. I also had this problem when I was using 2.4ghz wireless to connect my computer in a separate room. Every time the phone rang, my internet would cut off. It's strange though that I have two different brands of phones and only one brand seemed to affect the internet...

I had this same problem when I had earthlink DSL. I tried new filters, tried corded phones, a new modem and earthlink actually set me up on dual lines one for phone and one for data. Nothing ever helped my connection problems. It even happened if I didn't have a phone plugged in anywhere in my house and I got a phone call. After about 2 months of that I switched to comcast better service but still some pretty big bugs in the system. But that's a different story and all is well now. So I would suggest switch to cable if at all possible,