3G (HSDPA) Test

pipmaster1971

Soo....I got my new Motorola v3xx cellphone and tried to test it (in what's supposed to be a 3G area). Using dslreports.com I only get about 300Kbps, certainly not the > 1Mbit I was expecting. I tested it using testmy.net and continually get > 1Mbit.

Can anyone explain why there should be such a large difference? I am using the phone's built in micro-browser to run both tests.

I'm suspecting the poor results are issues with the micro browser.

Soo....I got my new Motorola v3xx cellphone and tried to test it (in what's supposed to be a 3G area). Using dslreports.com I only get about 300Kbps, certainly not the > 1Mbit I was expecting. I tested it using testmy.net and continually get > 1Mbit.

Can anyone explain why there should be such a large difference? I am using the phone's built in micro-browser to run both tests.

I'm suspecting the poor results are issues with the micro browser.

300KBPS is pretty good for a cell phone. EVDO isnt much faster. Don't expect 1MBPS

is they actually advertise as HSDPA you should be getting 3.6Mbps some your connection should be :

HSDPA:

around 3600Kbps                                            this is in bites

which is 360kB/s                                              this is in Bytes

meaning a 3.6Mbps connection

this is if you get good reception of course and the network traffic

So if you are getting 300kB/s that is like a 3Mbps connection is not bad for a mobile phone