A bit confused....

GSOLDIER

I have Verizon dsl and so dose my cuz. me and her have the exact EXACT same pc. the only difference is the modems. i have a versalink 372W and she has a westel 2200. we live like 5 houses away so i dont think distance is a factor. everytime she turns on her PC, she is connected to the internet and the little computer  icon appears in the bottom right hand corner and when u put your mouse over it it says "speed: 100.mpbs", when  you turn on mine the little icon isnt thier but the pc is connected to the net and it feels like it  disconnects and when i reconect the little icon appearsa nd it says "speed:10mbps"

anyone can explain this to me?

you both probl have diffrent network cards, in auto sense, also the modem can have a 10 Mbps port for you and a 100 mbps port for your friend

if you rightclick on your Local area network and choose properties it looks like this

i have a Swedish version...

if you like a status icon as your friend, check the box where it says "Visa Ikon ......... "

if you like to use 100 Mbps as your friend, you need to force it in your Network card

then click "Konfigurera"

and it looks like this, if you connect direct to a router, set it to 100 Mbps full duplex, if you connect to a modem use auto...

VanBuren :)

you both probl have diffrent network cards, in auto sense, also the modem can have a 10 Mbps port for you and a 100 Mbps port for your friend

if you rightclick on your Local area network and choose properties it looks like this

i have a Swedish version...

if you like a status icon as your friend, check the box where it says "Visa Ikon ......... "

if you like to use 100 Mbps as your friend, you need to force it in your Network card

then click "Konfigurera"

and it looks like this, if you connect direct to a router, set it to 100 Mbps full duplex, if you connect to a modem use auto...

We have the exact same networl card and everything but, thanks for the tip, about the configure thing , ima try that out.

• 1 month later...

No its not. You can change it. Some verizon software might change it to 10mbps while your friend has 100. It doesnt matter as max connection speed for verizon is  7mbps anyways. So if you have 10mbps, youll never have it slower. Now if were talking about FIOS, then 30mbps might be a problem on a 10mbps netword card.

No its not. You can change it. Some verizon software might change it to 10Mbps while your friend has 100. It doesnt matter as max connection speed for verizon is  7Mbps anyways. So if you have 10Mbps, youll never have it slower. Now if were talking about FIOS, then 30Mbps might be a problem on a 10Mbps netword card.

what software change the linkspeed from your modem to your pc?

Almost all NIC

I manually set mine to 100, cause my card can take it, and it helped my speed a little bit even!  :D

yea the "Auto" mode dosent work well setting the duplex to half or full, with a router installed all should use 100 Mbps full