WANTING: New Graphics Card.

Nos7667

Hey everyone. I kinda want to get a newer graphics card but am not sure what to get.

I have a Dell so upgrading the powersupply to fulfill a beastly cards needs is out of the question (Unless infact I cut a hole in the rear plate to make it possible for the Power Switch on a newer PSU). So without doing what I just explained. What do you think would be the best card to get.

I have a 350w Power Supply, But ive heard dell underrates there PSU's.

Processer: p4 3.4GHz w/ HT

Current Card: Nvidia 6800 (yeah thats right no GT acronym, just a normal 6800)

So...... Any suggestions? Newegg links preferably.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I have PCI Express x16, ALSO I want an Nvidia card.

It's too bad that it has to be an Nvidia card. In the price range of the 7600GT you posted, the X1650XT would produce much better image quality/performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161049

http://www.techspot.com/review/31-radeon-x1650xt-vs-geforce-7600gt/

I like that card alot. Its gonna go on my consideration list.

I like that card alot. Its gonna go on my consideration list.

You'll see an improvement with either card. I just like the image quality of the ATI's X1K series over Nvidia's GeForce 7 series.

Now, on the other hand, Nvidia's GeForce 8 series is a force to reckoned with. :)

No. That card is not just as good. It has like a RV300 core which is very old. It's not even close to what Nos7667 has now. Plus, it has to be PCI-E.

Edit: It has a RV280 core.

http://ati.amd.com/developer/vendorid.html

its not that much faster

Maybe not the factory clocked board, but the HIS version sure is. It lead by some pretty significant margins. The extra pixel pipelines makes it hard to beat.

12 pipes compared to 24 pipes w/ awesome clocks...

X3: Reunion:

While the 3Dmark2006 testing was very close, the Radeon X1650XT opened up on the GeForce 7600GT totally destroying it in the X3: Reunion test. The 1024x768 resolution showed a 38% performance advantage favoring the X1650XT, which then turned into a 48% performance advantage by the time 1600x1200 was reached.

Far Cry:

Far Cry also favored the Radeon X1650XT. Although the margins were still quite large, they were not as extreme as those seen in X3: Reunion. With FSAA 2x + Aniso 8x enabled the X1650XT delivered 50.2fps at 1600x1200, making it 15% faster than the 7600GT. Turning up the quality settings to FSAA 4x + Aniso 16x blew the margin out to 39%, giving the X1650XT yet another easy win over the 7600GT.

F.E.A.R:

F.E.A.R is a game that works best on high-end hardware, as you really must sacrifice quite a few of the impressive visual settings to run this game smoothly on a mid-range system. As you can see, maximum in-game quality settings were too much for these graphics cards and I am sure the added strain of FSAA and Anisotropic filtering were not helping. With FSAA 4x + Aniso 16x enabled at 1024x768 the X1650XT was 32% faster than the 7600GT.

Guest kamil234

wait for new 8 series to come out.

they're commin out with 8800ultra, 8800gs, 8600 ultra, 8600gt, and some others.

they're supposed to be cheap too.

wait for new 8 series to come out.

they're commin out with 8800ultra, 8800gs, 8600 ultra, 8600gt, and some others.

they're supposed to be cheap too.

Read my first post, I only got a 350w PSU. :)    I could always cut a hole in the back of my case though to fit a newer one if i really wanted too. But im getting a new PC soon. I just want this to tide me over until the summer, and it will be handy for a backup.