Question about my ISP

mpidge2

On the member stat page it says that my Host is direcpc.com. When I go to this site it is Hugesway. But I pay Earthlink.net who Hugesway says is my service provider. Why did my stat page choose direcpc.com as my default? And Why can't I use earthlink?  :undecided:

Could some one tell me What FTP means? I see it all over the forum, but I don't know what it means.

Thank You  [nerd]

I have Comcast cable so I do not know the anwser to your first question.

This is what FTP means.

Short for File Transfer Protocol, the protocol for exchanging files over the Internet. FTP works in the same way as HTTP for transferring Web pages from a server to a user's browser and SMTP for transferring electronic mail across the Internet in that, like these technologies, FTP uses the Internet's TCP/IP protocols to enable data transfer.

FTP is most commonly used to download a file from a server using the Internet or to upload a file to a server (e.g., uploading a Web page file to a server)

I have Comcast cable so I do not know the anwser to your first question.

This is what FTP means.

Short for File Transfer Protocol, the protocol for exchanging files over the Internet. FTP works in the same way as HTTP for transferring Web pages from a server to a user's browser and SMTP for transferring electronic mail across the Internet in that, like these technologies, FTP uses the Internet's TCP/IP protocols to enable data transfer.

FTP is most commonly used to download a file from a server using the Internet or to upload a file to a server (e.g., uploading a Web page file to a server)

and HTTP means HyperText Transfer Protocol and SMTP means Simple Mail Transfer Protocol