why I take so many speed tests

northstar518

I got a private message from another member asking why I take so many speed tests(at least 50 per day).I'm 63 years old,retired,my wife still works so I'm alone all day.I use IE7 and Netscape browsers.I guess it's just sort of like a game with me;trying to hit that ever elusive 27mb.download speed.You probably think I need to get a life,but I just enjoy this.Joe

:haha::::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 27479 Kbps about 27.5 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3354 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/03/24 - 7:29am

Bottom Line:: 479X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.31 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 3.625 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 129.37 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZSNQ1TCPG

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20060912 Netscape/8.1.2 [!]

and here it is after a zilllion tries

Hey joe. Just something you may enjoy. If you like figuring things out and such you could give opera browser a shot. Not saying its any better than what you use. What makes it diffrent is the ability to tweak it out just the way you want it. Make your right click just the way you want. It will speak text to ya, not a bad voice, on any web page. Just to give you a small example of how I tweaked my out.

I can right click,hit magnify,and a free program I found will open up a magnifying glass. I can pretty much surf and use tabs without a mouse useing my key board. Just a idea to help with the boredum.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 19155 Kbps about 19.2 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2338 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net

Test Time:: 2007/03/22 - 6:29am

Bottom Line:: 334X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.44 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 8.969 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 241.99 % faster than the average for host (Comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WZALRQG63

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; IEMB3; IEMB3)

Why the hell would you need to download that quickly?  What we need is UPload increases!  :lipsrsealed:

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 4262 Kbps about 4.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 520 kB/s

Tested From:: http://insanepwning.net

Test Time:: 2007/03/25 - 12:57am

Bottom Line:: 74X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 1.97 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 5.75 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 270.93 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Y0RHSCVBK

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 4297 Kbps about 4.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 525 kB/s

Tested From:: http://insanepwning.net

Test Time:: 2007/03/25 - 1:06am

Bottom Line:: 75X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 1.95 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 5.704 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 273.65 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ACL5DXE02

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

you guys suck lol j/k, I just whish that my ISP would get off of there butt and get things back up to par like it was a month ago.  God i hate dealing with ISPs and there suppose to know it all techs lol

yeah i can remember those days of 25mb connection speeds but lately its been 10mb on a good day

I got a private message from another member asking why I take so many speed tests(at least 50 per day).I'm 63 years old,retired,my wife still works so I'm alone all day.I use IE7 and Netscape browsers.I guess it's just sort of like a game with me;trying to hit that ever elusive 27mb.download speed.You probably think I need to get a life,but I just enjoy this.Joe

Well Joe let me just say that I like to smoke pot... that being said your story was very interesting to me. Thank you.  :icon_thumleft: I know I sound sarcastic but I assure you I am not, I read it about 4 times.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Have you ever hit 27?

okay okay it was me

i asked joeandjan518 why he was testing so much out of curiosity i didn't say hey stop testing or in any way form or shape didnt mean to negative in the PRIVATE message i sent you

test as much as you want

its a free service, just watch out for the bandwidth man

in the future u not going to have a watter man or electricity man going to your door threatening to cut ur supply if u dont pay up

it will be the bandwidth man  :2funny:

okay okay it was me

i asked joeandjan518 why he was testing so much out of curiosity i didn't say hey stop testing or in any way form or shape didnt mean to negative in the PRIVATE message i sent you

test as much as you want

its a free service, just watch out for the bandwidth man

in the future u not going to have a watter man or electricity man going to your door threatening to cut ur supply if u dont pay up

it will be the bandwidth man  :2funny:

Unless you have unlimited usage like i do.  they tell us download as much as you want they dont control how much we can download in a month.

Not to mention all the other people downloading movies and music constantly

Unless you have unlimited usage like i do.  they tell us download as much as you want they dont control how much we can download in a month.

Not to mention all the other people downloading movies and music constantly

yeah  i have unlimited too

last year i was with capped adsl is sucked so badly

Optimum Online Boost is unlimited usage and this is what i used on 1 of my 4 computers the past 3 months.

2007 / Jan  -  DL :  62.21  GB  UL :  52.44  GB  TOTAL :  114.65  GB

2007 / Feb  -  DL :  34.46  GB  UL :  25.75  GB  TOTAL :  60.21  GB

2007 / Mar  -  DL :  113.97  GB  UL :  54.89  GB  TOTAL :  168.86  GB

Optimum Online Boost is unlimited usage and this is what i used on 1 of my 4 computers the past 3 months.

2007 / Jan  -  DL :  62.21  GB  UL :  52.44  GB  TOTAL :  114.65  GB

2007 / Feb  -  DL :  34.46  GB  UL :  25.75  GB  TOTAL :  60.21  GB

2007 / Mar  -  DL :  113.97  GB  UL :  54.89  GB  TOTAL :  168.86  GB

Do you have some kind of program that you have setup to keep track of that.

I have the Boost package and I didn't even know I get unlimited usage, I was afraid to download/upload alot thinking I was going to get capped but now I know I wont get capped