Teach me something related to technology (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

Shug7272

Pretty self explanatory. Teach me something technology related you don't think I know. Anything, big or small.

There will be a prize. The winner will get a custom title at Test My. "I Owned Shug" or some variant. This is subject to change if the big dog (CA3LE) has any problem at all with it, but I doubt he will, Ill cut him off from the sex. If he has a problem with the title as a prize we will come up with something.

The winner will be chose by me. In order to qualify you must teach me something. I must either fully understand what you taught me or I must have a better knowledge of the subject than I started with. Please don't copy and paste from other websites. Make your own. I also hope that we can make some guides for Test My from some of the entries. If your entry makes the guide section you will get full credit for it.

Only post questions regarding this competition or actual entries in this thread. Anything else will be deleted.I know alot of threads go off topic here and hey, who cares as long as you guys have fun. This ones gotta stay clean though. Cmon fellas, I'm kinda nervous about doing this. Nervous that it will flop, someone prove me wrong. There is no time period for this competition, it will go until the entries stop.Have fun! If this does well I will try to get some more things like this going.

edit:spelling

Thanks Boss..... either the idea is flopping big time or everyone is writing some really long and kick ass entries. I think it is the last thing there.. I hope.  :cry:

So help me if nobody enters this thing I will kick someones ass, even if it has to be my wifes. So if you dont enter this you are condoning Domestic Violence.

I don't know if this is tech enough but it's a start.Normally you just right click your mouse to "save picture as".Some sites won't let you do this & have a warning not to take their pictures.

On these images that do this if you press the right & left mouse button at the same time it will ""save picture as".

Here are a couple of screen shots of the same image the first is with only a right click 7 the second is with right & left at the same time.It works for me anyway.

I don't know if this is tech enough but it's a start.Normally you just right click your mouse to "save picture as".Some sites won't let you do this & have a warning not to take their pictures.

On these images that do this if you press the right & left mouse button at the same time it will ""save picture as".

Thank you I will take this as an entry.  :grin2: I didnt know that and I have had that problem before.

Here's one for you that many people are not aware of....cuz, well...you really have no need of knowing this....

If you wanted to test out which chipset your graphics card uses (+ bios version and  much more), without any programs or any utilities you do this (Win 2000/xp):

- Go on Start - click Run....in Run type cmd

- Command prompt opens....type debug

- type d c000:0 and press enter

- keep typing d and pressing the enter key until your video card chipset reveals itself....it should be when you press - for the 2nd or 3rd time

It useful ;)

here's a screenshot of me doing it....my chipset is G70 - nvidia 7800gt

Here's one for you that many people are not aware of....cuz, well...you really have no need of knowing this....

If you wanted to test out which chipset your graphics card uses (+ bios version and  much more), without any programs or any utilities you do this (Win 2000/xp):

- Go on Start - click Run....in Run type cmd

- Command prompt opens....type debug

- type d c000:0 and press enter

- keep typing d and pressing the enter key until your video card chipset reveals itself....it should be when you press - for the 2nd or 3rd time

It useful ;)

here's a screenshot of me doing it....my chipset is G70 - nvidia 7800gt

Thanks Disturbed. From here on out if anyone posts anything other than entries it will be deleted. If your post stays you know it was accepted. Thanks guys. Good stuff so far.

Alright well this didnt make as big of a splash as I had hoped. Thanks to those that entered. I appreciate it and I will still give out the prize. For now I will say we will close this thread this Friday unless someone wants in before then. If anyone wants me to leave it open because you want in just PM me and it will be done. Thanks again to the guys that responded.  :grin2:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys I am way late here. Thanks for the ones that contributed, it didnt work out like I planned but not everyting does. So I am calling the winner for Disturbed with a close second going to staghorn. Disturbed I will be getting with you in pm.

so nobody could have posted anything in here booby butt

:haha: Oh no, I locked it after the competition ended. It flopped. I cant believe some of the "guys" didnt post just to make me not look like the normal jack ass. Starship and Aggr and Tommie and Ryan and all the other 300 of em.  :cry: