Even though bittorrent has legitimate uses you must admit that illegal use is higher than legal use.  I would be happy if onelink only capped the P2P during high traffic hours or when their network is very congested not all the time.  You have to remember that they now offer VOIP and if the network gets laggy their VOIP service will be affected. 

The use of p2p isn't illegal. Moreover, Onelink's support page has tips for p2p usage. However downloading copyrighted material without proper consent is illegal, so the users are responsible for what they do. Thus, p2p is not the excuse for speed restrictions....May be they restrict speeds because they need to offer another services...at user expense.

what I was saying was that usually P2P is used to download pirated movies, music, games etc.  That's all i'm not saying the technology itself is ilegal.  Also keep in mind that how P2P works specifically bittorrent if they add more capacity P2P will eat it faster and that eventually rises costs for everyone.  So you have to actually MANAGE your bandwith correctly that is why i'm saying that they should shape the traffic when they have to or at least permit faster speeds than 2k.  Have you noticed that since they started shaping the traffic we have not had low speeds or high latencies any longer?

okay...now i've had it!!...ya gone and made me mad  :angry: ...the next person that posts in anything other than plain english will get their post edited to say nothing...and this topic will be locked...  :knuppel2: and don't be talkin about illegal stuff...i'll make this disappear :) ...poof! last warning...read the forum rules... http://www.testmy.net/t-13204

is that nice enough for ya?? okay...so it's a little grouchy...but those of us that only speak english wanna be able to read this too...that is probably 99% of  us in here...so come on quit posting in spanish or whatever that is...

# [r.2.02] You are responsible for any posts originating from your user name account.

# [r.2.03] All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, as well as any attachments or other forms of public display.

yes resop...i left the topic open even when i said i would close it if anyone else posted in a language other than english and then someone did *cough*kamil*cough* hehe...i was hoping he was just being funny...i thought it was funny...and yes i know that some p2p is legal and some isn't...that's why i said keep it legal and in english so i can try to decipher...this translating crap is too tough for me :) ...so i guess if ya'll wanna talk about this...start another topic...keep it legal and in english...please  :cool::smitten: