Verizon said the only Wireless Routers that work with FiOS is... is this true?

teeman

Hello,

I currently have the Actiontec MI424WR Wireless Router(provided by Verizon).  I contacted Verizon and they told me that ONLY two routers that work with FiOS the Actiontec MI424WR or the D-Link VDI-624.  I read a few threads on here where others have successfully used different routers.  What are other router's(wireless preferred) that can be purchased at my local computer store that would work with Verizon FiOS?

Basically, i'm looking for feedback to the following:

1.  "How to determine if a router will work with Verizon FiOS" (If I can get an understanding on how to determine what routers are compatiable with FiOS, then it eliminates having to keep asking questions like, Is this router is compatiable?, How about this router?, or What about this router?)...

but if its too complicated to understand, then...

2.  "What are some available routers out there that would work with FiOS?" Please include product model number.

Any feedback will help. Thanks!

I'm new here. I hope this isn't too long of a post.

I don't have, nor have ever tried, verizon FIOS, but I seriously doubt that only two routers will work with it... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt FIOS just like a regular cable/dsl modem in the fact that it connects to your router through a 100mb ethernet port? I dont see how any router would be incompatible..

I don't have, nor have ever tried, verizon FIOS, but I seriously doubt that only two routers will work with it... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt FIOS just like a regular cable/dsl modem in the fact that it connects to your router through a 100mb ethernet port? I dont see how any router would be incompatible..

In a way it is the same. From a visual aspect, they only two things that I seen different was that you don't use a phone plug, you use either coaxial or a RJ-45 plug(ethernet cable plug) and the actiontec router is 1'(ft.) tall x 6" wide x 2" thick.

When i saw the verizon tech whip that bad boy out, my eyes brighten and the words that came my mouth were "Damnnnn... that huge." The tech just cracked up laughing and told me "So, where you want me to put it?"  with a smile.