New PC, New Problems.

x_6985381

As most of you know I recently upgraded my computer components and well now theres problems.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz

ECS - NFORCE 570 Slit-A

550Watt Areocool PSU

G.Skill 2Gig 4-4-4-12 RAM 667 DDR2

I've installed everything to what I believe is the correct placing. I installed the motherboards sound indicator and I get a long loud beep. This continues on for about 5 seconds then stops then does it again. What have I done wrong with this set-up I'll post pictures for all you following this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice man  :grin2:

just for future reference you really shouldn't lay a motherboard on carpet, or even build the computer when laying the case down on carpet.

carpet + metal + motherboard = BAD

EDIT: to fix your problem start removing 1 part at a time then turn it back on to see if it works. continue till you find the bad part.

yeah I no that lmao, And I'm hoping I didn't fry it. Damn thing wont boot though  :sad3: I'm pretty depressed.

yea you found out the hard way, you wont do that again,

Look at my first post to a possible fix.

also make sure the processor is installed in the socket correctly, and the heatsink is installed correctly on it.,

I think I may of found why it wouldn't boot, the fire wire plug was connected to a USB port, I have to use this computers hard drive so I'll respond in a few, peace. Reply's are greatly appreciated

how the hell did you manage to get a firewire cable into a usb port  :haha: :haha:

your lucky it didnt cause a short.

even if doing it piece by piece sometimes its hard to diag. thoes damn MBBeeps. It also could be the wrong type of ram? ( altho i doubt it) or a bad stick.. Try inserting only 1 stick and see what happens..

- Iv'e had shit comps my whole (computing) life... iv seen weirder :)

Alright I've decided that since it starts fine without any ram, although no video appears, I believe it's the RAM will newegg accept ram if you incorrectly purchased the wrong type :?, anyways I put the power unit and the core 2 duo stock heatsink to good use in this computer, until I decide to ship it to them, If I can, If I can't God I'll be mad, I was also thinking since I've seen all the reviews of how bad this motherboard is, that I might just ship the motherboard back and try and get a new one, what do you think? If I should try a new motherboard, please help me find one that works with this Memory! Ram's a little more expensive than a motherboard  :!:

Effin Newb Newegg Purchase some would say  :-P

Alright I've decided that since it starts fine without any ram, although no video appears, I believe it's the RAM will newegg accept ram if you incorrectly purchased the wrong type :?, anyways I put the power unit and the core 2 duo stock heatsink to good use in this computer, until I decide to ship it to them, If I can, If I can't God I'll be mad, I was also thinking since I've seen all the reviews of how bad this motherboard is, that I might just ship the motherboard back and try and get a new one, what do you think? If I should try a new motherboard, please help me find one that works with this Memory! Ram's a little more expensive than a motherboard  :!:

Effin Newb Newegg Purchase some would say  :-P

ship the motherboard back and the ram back, tell newegg that they didnt work and i want my money back i'm going to get a better motherboard and ram.

then once you get the money back get this motherboard and ram.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131032

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220088

I have both and i can not complain they are both very good.

then once you get them DO NOT INSTALL THEM ON THE CARPET.

CC, Damn it, I was hoping it wasn't the ram, and I still don't think it was, the motherboard is said to be picky on what ram it accepts, could it be as easy as that it doesn't accept that ram, It lists Ram its used with in the manual, Maybe it just is that. Anyone ever have that problem?

CC, Damn it, I was hoping it wasn't the ram, and I still don't think it was, the motherboard is said to be picky on what ram it accepts, could it be as easy as that it doesn't accept that ram, It lists Ram its used with in the manual, Maybe it just is that. Anyone ever have that problem?

Ok then your covered dont worry about anything, if you have any problems getting your money back call the CC company and dispute that charge and they will give you your money back no questions asked.

This is what happens when you buy a cheap motherboard, you do get what you pay for most of the time. It could have been something you did, so just return the mobo and the ram and get a new ones.

I like this memory :'[

It's depressing I'm tell you.

G.Skill = God to me  :sad3:

I know its depressing, now you gotta wait another week and a half before you got your computer.

Ive used g. skill in my laptop its good stuff but it can go bad