New PC, New Problems.

x_6985381

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to ship the motherboard and the ram back monday.

Gonna try this setup see if she wants to work.

Motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131032

Ram:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820231051

Grand Total:  $275.69

Now what  :wink2:

that should work good, just as long as you dont install the motherboard on the carpet  :evil6:

Neg, It's depressing, but I'm not playing with it, hopefully everything will be gone by the next time I touch it.

If you can find a better deal on a motherboard and ram package with heatspreader, I'd go for it, but I wana try G.Skill Once more.  :-| They've been good to me since these two.  :sad3:

--> Edit: God // changed to Good **

I don't think UPS is going to accept that with scotch tape holding it together.  :haha: :haha: :haha:

You'd be supprised :) I had UPS accept a shoe box wrapped in speaker wire containing a N64 i was sending over states :D

shut up... i was 12

You'd be supprised :) I had UPS accept a shoe box wrapped in speaker wire containing a N64 i was sending over states :D

shut up... i was 12

amazing they accepted it....cool idea though for having no tape.......

hey, when i had to send my motherboard back, i covered the whole box with like 3 layers of tape, except for the model name on the box....they took it and newegg sent an email saying that they accepted everything,,,after reading that i found all the screws, and motherboard mounts i forgot to package....

There is no SLI with that board. so the 680i is not pointless.

I didn't notice he had 2 video cards? Also a single 8800GTX will run just about any games at highest settings on a 24" wide screen monitor, so SLI is pointless, unless you wanna get 2 8800GTX and impress all the ladies at lan parties  :shocked:

C2D e4300 is insanely overclockable, and that mother board helps even more - proof in the link.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2903&p=1

Sure the higher cache on higher end core 2 duos help, but honestly your not going to notice between 60 FPS and 70 FPS , let alone 180 FPS or 190 FPS

Also forgot to note, just because the northbridge isn't 680i doesn't mean it can't have SLI(although the motherboard I listed _doesn't)

Also a single 8800GTX will run just about any games at highest settings on a 24" wide screen monitor, so SLI is pointless, unless you wanna get 2 8800GTX and impress all the ladies at lan parties  :shocked:

it wont run all the games at 1920x1080 with 16x antialiasing and 16x antiscopic filtering with max frames per second.. SLi is never pointless  :grin2:

it wont run all the games at 1920x1080 with 16x antialiasing and 16x antiscopic filtering with max frames per second.. SLi is never pointless  :grin2:

:iamwithstupid:

I didn't notice he had 2 video cards?

he doesnt have to right away, maybe he will get another one later on. Ive got a SLI board but i don't have 2 video cards but i might some day.