dd-wrt install question

raptors892004

Install Guide - the simpler one which I would like to use

I have a WRT54G v6 and I've asked questions due to its slowdown previously in this forum and this guide was given to me. Now that I have some time, one thing I'm wondering is for the tftp utility and the pic shown on that page about the WRT54G install process, is the password blank or is it something else (obviously not "admin" as password in the image is longer)? From other guides (namely this one , the upgrade process is different but the password is blank). However in the last guide, a custom firmware image is created which is later uploaded through the Management Mode so maybe the password for it is blank.

Does anyone know whether the password for the first guide should be blank as well? I'm asking so I don't get stuck with no working password for upgrading to DD-WRT with the tftp utility. Thanks in advance.

default username and password is root and admin

(root username admin password)

I knew that already but thanks. I guess I'll try the tftp with no password (doesn't mention any in the guide), then if it doesn't work try it with the linksys one - hopefully it would work with no password. Thanks once again for the replies.

• 5 months later...