Upgrading MY pc

DJVageli

Well Im following my brothers lead and upgrading my PC now as well.

I will be going from what you currently see in my sig...to

1. XCLIO A380 Silver SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811103008

2.  Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003

3. EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188015

4. EVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SUPERCLOCKED HDCP Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130080

5. G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231121

6. Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061

And add my current brand new WD 500GB Hard drive, my other WD 160GB HDD, external 250GB HDD, Samsung 18x DVD burner

I think I wont have a problem with this, only reason Im doing this,is my current PC is not capable of getting upgraded to this newer technology,but still runs like a charm :evil6:

Any opinions on the choice I made....even though the order went through already :lol:

How come? :shocked:

Size wise? :undecided:

it has 2 250mm fans blowing air in and only 1 120mm fan blowing air out. you have alot more coming in then going out, thats not smart cooling you get hot pockets that way.

you want equal in equal out, and your far from it with that case.

You will also get alot of air coming out of place that it shouldn't

it has 2 250mm fans blowing air in and only 1 120mm fan blowing air out. you have alot more coming in then going out, thats not smart cooling you get hot pockets that way.

I dont think its a problem, the RPM is most likely lower on those 250mm fans to reduce sound. Are you sure the side fan blow the air in and not out?

this was the only thing i found in spec

2PCS enormous blue LED 250 mm fans (front & side)

VR fan speed control (front & side)

Blue Led illumination

Excellent cooling solution

Tool-less clips & rails for easy installation

Also the PSU will help the case to blow air out from the case.

Its a nice setup and  very much performance for the money. Those E6600 is very clock friendly, so when you need the boost you just OC it :)

VanBuren :)

SInce the case is supposedly huge...will that help eliminate those hot pockets?

Make sure read up on the motherboard I read some people are having some problem with the 680i boards. Check out this memory It has better timing and it cheaper, it does need a little more voltage.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231087

Yea...my brother has one of the 680i ones....dont know which one exactly since there are a few out there...and he did have some problems with it at first..so I was weary on that...but I was figuring it has good specs and I can get support for both the board and gpu from the same place if anything.

I dont think its a problem, the RPM is most likely lower on those 250mm fans to reduce sound. Are you sure the side fan blow the air in and not out?

this was the only thing i found in spec

Also the PSU will help the case to blow air out from the case.

Its a nice setup and  very much performance for the money. Those E6600 is very clock friendly, so when you need the boost you just OC it :)

VanBuren :)

Thanks!!

I tried not to spend too much but at the same time attempt to get as much out of it as possible. I'll probably OC right away just to see if I notice anything :evil6:

BTW...thanks for everyones input!! :smiley:

I have always used Asus Boards :-)  Just have found those boards to give top notch in speed and reliablility.

had very bad luck with Gigabyte boards!

My friend always recommends Asus boards as well, I was going by the reviews on newegg and most asus boards in the range I was willing to pay were horrible...but the 200+ range was better

My friend always recommends Asus boards as well, I was going by the reviews on newegg and most asus boards in the range I was willing to pay were horrible...but the 200+ range was better

Oh yeah I deal with ZipZoomFly when i purchase alot of parts at the same time found them at ZipZoomFly to be cheaper in the long run.

Oh yeah I deal with ZipZoomFly when i purchase alot of parts at the same time found them at ZipZoomFly to be cheaper in the long run.

I just checked it out...pretty good site as well....nice prices on everything I was checking on

SInce the case is supposedly huge...will that help eliminate those hot pockets?

No, its not the size of the case that creates hot pockets its poor cooling.

remember equal in equal out. the goal is for a constant flow of air going throughout the system to keep everything equally cool.

No, its not the size of the case that creates hot pockets its poor cooling.

remember equal in equal out. the goal is for a constant flow of air going throughout the system to keep everything equally cool.

Yea your right....and if thats the case...and me always leaving my PCs on..it will put this to the test [nerdly]:haha:

Actually your better off not to have any fans at all in the front of any case.  I only know this from my over 15 years of experience building custom built systems for customers.  If you just have the fans in the back of your case and also your powersupply thats more then enough to cool the case.  the fans that are in the back are located behind the CPU which in that case will pull cooler air from the front vents over the top of he cpu and out the back.  For those that dont understand the principle I'll draw up a diagram.

Yea..thats what I said when I took it out :haha:

I guess it lives up to its name as the A380....just like the airbus :evil6:

:lol: nice, on the reviews on newegg it said it moved air excellently, so hope it works out fine, and when you get the rest of your parts post up some temps and stuff. with my casei have only 2 120mm fans running and it is around 77 Fahrenheit even though i'm adding another right above the air duct for my gpu...

:lol: nice, on the reviews on newegg it said it moved air excellently, so hope it works out fine, and when you get the rest of your parts post up some temps and stuff.

Thanks!! :smiley:

I will definitely post some more pics and temps...I ended up buying another air cooler..because the one I first bought....I heard it weighs a lot...its not as stable in it..and that it usually falls off....so I definitely don't want that happening :haha:

So I bought this instead

ZALMAN 9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118019

Yup...I have arctic silver...but one of these coolers is coming with its own as well [nerdly]:haha:

lol good to be over prepared i guess  :evil6:

i need to buy some, the thermal pad that came on my stock amd cooler is like wearing thin, because i've had to take the heatsink/fan off so many times (first build and had to send in a motherboard and then switched mobo's a few more times)

:lol: