Even more problems

x_6985381

As people have been watching this build they've been helping me.

Well I got all the hardware got it all together, and now I'm getting random freezing.

I've gotten to 6% Install (Windows Vista - Purchased Home Basic, Thought it'd work, as I installed an Legitimate copy I downloaded.) (Also purchase brand new SATA 250gig Western Digital.)

So I'm hoping that $834.99 for the hardware, plus windows vista home basic ($199.99) and a brand new harddrive ($99.00) was well worth, a computer sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor.

Someone please help me fix this, PLEASE

The computer will start fine, and starts loading the windows vista home basic files fine, switching to loading the windows vista green bar sometimes doesn't work as I believe the system doesn't register the mouse and the keyboard. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If I'm lucky and get the damn thing up and installing it will randomly crash as vista expands the files needed to install the OS.

Please help me, I'm desperate at this point, I've had to install windows vista on the computer I was suppose to make of my new computer. Write a new harddrive on the new computer for this computer I'm on.

I believe it's something very easy, although I could be wrong.

Signed,

A Guy In A Need Of Alot Of Help.  :cry2:

x_6985381

Top reasons for random, fatal crashes

1) Power Supply - a bad (or insufficient) power supply is the most common cause for random crashes, especially if you have a lot of cards, drives, or fans, or have a dual-processor motherboard. A 350W or 400W power supply is recommended if you're experiencing this problem.

2) A mix of FAT32 and NTFS drives - If you have more than one hard disk, and there are different file systems on each one, try converting them all to NTFS.

3) Audio Card Drivers: - try removing your sound card, or at least uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers.

4) USB Hub: - if you have a USB hub, try eliminating it and see if that solves the problem (especially if you have a USB-based Palm cradle and your system crashes every time you hotsync).

5) Overheating: - a computer will crash if the processor overheats. Make sure the CPU fan/fans are working, and that the processor temperature (read in the BIOS screen) is within normal limits. Make sure your computer case has adequate ventilation.

6) Bad memory: - a bad memory module can cause this problem. Try removing one of the modules (if applicable) to see if that solves the problem; rotate through all modules until you've found the culprit. Note that some computers require memory to be installed in pairs, so, for example, if you have four modules, you'll have to remove two (no more, no fewer) for this test.

Here is a list of compatible memory and CPU's for your motherboard:

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21137

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 13681 Kbps about 13.7 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1670 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/04/08 - 2:44am

Bottom Line:: 239X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.61 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 7.281 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 190.9 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-V3CETZ92Q

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 [!]

Scratch that.  :evil6:

Thanks for the idea's found a dead batch of ram. returning tomorrow. Just having trouble with my network on the motherboard now, getting vary low speeds.

Double check on the drivers, remember even though it's exciting double check everything you do, good luck.