HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

tdawnaz

Just wanted to wish everyone from all of us here at testmy.net a very...

[move]HAPPY EASTER[/move]

...even if it's not part of your faith...have a safe and happy whatever holiday you celebrate today...

post your holiday...and come back tomorrow and tell what you did this weekend...

Nothing here, broke my leg a month ago so been on workmans comp for a while now.  all i do is watch movies and surf the net all from my recliner  :smile2:

Other then that, Easters really not a big holiday for me anyway not like Thanksgiving or Christmas is.

Hi bryanlautt , not a good start to the  Easter break  :smile2:, how doe's the workmans comp. work in the USA ? do you get  an average working weeks pay ? most UK large firms , pay the full amount for 6 months, and if you are not fit for work by then you get fired , so you sue them if the accident happened at work , :evil6:

Traditionally the UK Easter  break  involves driving to visit kin , but with petrol at $7.50 Gal , most folks stayed at home and had a BQ with friend,s 

Nothing here, broke my leg a month ago so been on workmans comp for a while now.  all i do is watch movies and surf the net all from my recliner  :smile2:

Other then that, Easters really not a big holiday for me anyway not like Thanksgiving or Christmas is.

awwww...sorry to hear that bryanlautt...u can come hang out at out easter party/egg hunt...just come on over :)

HAPPY EASTER everyone!

i will go ahead and post what i have done so far/will be doing this weekend....Working....

today at the restaruant i work at (I help buffet stay up and cook some of the food for it) we had about 300 people just for lunch (not sure for breakfast) and had to cut prime rib for them and keep stocking up stuff so they could eat... :lol:

:evil6: got some good pay though today, went in at 8AM today and just got off

Hi bryanlautt , not a good start to the  Easter break  :smile2:, how doe's the workmans comp. work in the USA ? do you get  an average working weeks pay ? most UK large firms , pay the full amount for 6 months, and if you are not fit for work by then you get fired , so you sue them if the accident happened at work , :evil6:

Traditionally the UK Easter  break  involves driving to visit kin , but with petrol at $7.50 Gal , most folks stayed at home and had a BQ with friend,s

Actually here in South Dakota they take your yearly salary and devide that by weekly and then they take your weekly average gross and then give you a little more then 66% of your weekly gross.  actually if it came down to being totally disabled i would get that 66% for the rest of my life. and yes by law they cant fire you for getting hurt at work.  If they did well lets just say i would own at least half the company or have one hell of a retirement check  :haha: Easter here we usualy go to our relatives or kins whatever you want to call them. and gas here is 2.59 a gallon now but dont know what your dollar is compared to the american dollar.

awwww...sorry to hear that bryanlautt...u can come hang out at out easter party/egg hunt...just come on over :)

LOL well that sounds like fun  :haha: Let me hop right on over  :2funny:

Actually here in South Dakota they take your yearly salary and devide that by weekly and then they take your weekly average gross and then give you a little more then 66% of your weekly gross.  actually if it came down to being totally disabled i would get that 66% for the rest of my life. and yes by law they cant fire you for getting hurt at work.  If they did well lets just say i would own at least half the company or have one hell of a retirement check  :haha: Easter here we usualy go to our relatives or kins whatever you want to call them. and gas here is 2.59 a gallon now but dont know what your dollar is compared to the american dollar.

Hi bryanlautt  The figs.I qouoted , was for USD $ , as we use

Hi peepnklown, You need to go back furtrher than Eostre,(Goddesse ) for the real meaning of easter , it is set by the Spring  equinox , "An equinox in astronomy is the event when the Sun can be observed to be directly above the Earth's equator, occurring around March 20 and September 23 each year."

Pagan fertility festivals at the time of the Spring equinox were common- it was believed that at this time, when day and night were of equal length, male and female energies were also in balance. The hare is often associated with moon goddesses; the egg and the hare together represent the god and the goddess, respectively

anyway a happy easter holiday  to all at TMN

thx roco...the day easter is observed every year is determined by the vernal (spring) equinox (which is what roco described) easter is observed the first sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox...this year the vernal equinox fell on march 20th and the first full monn after that was april 2nd so the first sunday after that was yesterday...the autumnal equinox will be september 23rd...

:)

the egg/hare is also associated with fertility...it was also observed to boost the fertility of the crops...male and female balance in all things to ensure propagation...celebrated in most cultures under many names...easter being just one...and that celebration of course going much deeper than the fertility aspect...but interestingly still centers on the renewal of life...huh?

it's all connected anyway...

so keep telling me what u did for this holiday weekend...  :smiley6600: