I love you Suddenlink

bsv28

After a couple of weeks of this speed  and Suddenlink finally getting a technician available, they decided to cancel my service order.  Thanks Suddenlink, you're great  :smiley:  Anyone else getting connections like this in West Virginia?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 329 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 40 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/04/09 - 6:58pm

Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 25.6 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 14.421 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 9.99 % of your hosts average (suddenlink.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-8GLQ3A74D

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

Suddenlink overall is horrible in Eastern Kentucky.I've never heard of anyone praise their name around here. But anyway, this is me on a semi-good day. Normally I have around 11kb/s for download.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 247 Kbps about 0.25 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 88 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2007/04/09 - 9:44pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-QCK2LHDYR

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-OH43KXIFL

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 [!]

Thats bad for a semi normal day lol.  Are you on the 3M plan? Before they switched to Suddenlink (when it was Charter) it was decent.  Less outages and decent customer service.  I just now signed up for Verizon DSL so goodbye to Suddenlink.  I hear that Bellsouth is a good service in the eastern Ky area.

I have the 3M plan,  and I used to call 1 time every week and they would send a 'technician' to do the things I could have done myself. All they do is talk your ear off, and tell you that things will get better better, and they wont.

They only have 3 T1 Servers with 450 people on each, and they have a very weak backbone for support. Im in process of switching to DSL Extreme 6.0 from Bellsouth.

I hear Bellsouth was pretty good in eastern Ky.  The last technician to come to my house checked my coaxial going to my modem and thats it, and he was gone.  I still had the same speed problem and I called them.  To find out they had me on a lower speed plan.

They do have a very very low bandwidth cap, and a download cap as well.

I was told that by a technician.

Ive had 4 Suddenlink Trucks and 7 men here working on mine, and nothing ever got better.

The re-ran lines from modem to the power pole, I took them in there let them see a test ran from testmy.net and they said it will take a few hours for it to kick in. I've never heard of that before in my life.

I just think that Suddenlink is a cheap company and I would not recommend them to anyone thats even considering looking at them for a cable company. Most of the times Dial up IS faster than their cable. I've had many nights on here, downloading at 1kb/s.

Yes, to anyone living the the southern West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky areas,  go with DSL because you will not get what you pay for with Suddenlink.  The only thing you will get is long waiting times, slow service, and maybe getting a techician a week or two after you call about your service. 

And I forgot to add, Suddenlink cut my service about 7 or 8 months ago.  I called them to see what the problem was and they said that they cut my service instead of the neighbor's.  It was two weeks before my service was turned back on.  I asked for some type of credit to my account and the friendly representative just plainly said "No." Another reason why I love this company.

After a couple of weeks of this speed  and Suddenlink finally getting a technician available, they decided to cancel my service order.  Thanks Suddenlink, you're great  :smiley:  Anyone else getting connections like this in West Virginia?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 329 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 40 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/04/09 - 6:58pm

Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 25.6 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 14.421 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 9.99 % of your hosts average (suddenlink.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-8GLQ3A74D

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

I have read so many complaints on Suddenlink it is pathetic. I was a happy cox customer for years till suddenlink took over. They made my once proud and fast connection look like yours. I canceled within two months.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I currently paid my payment for my internet + tv, and they lost our payment, so we have to do it by internet to make sure they get it.

They will disconnect our internet + tv in 24 hours if we do not pay.

I asked them how was it our fault they payment was lost by their employee's and they said that is wasn't their fault and nothing they could do about it.

Poor overall service,  is their anyway I could try to petition against them? :P

I doubt a petition will work but they will either have to start doing better or go under. Not so much here but on other forums there is seriously nothing but complaints for SL. I had nothing but trouble with them and would rather have wireless shit internet than go back to them.

I always send my payments 2 days express USPS with a delivery confirmation when sending Suddenlink payments.  The postal worker said to get the delivery confirmation because he has a lot of complaints about Suddenlink "not receiving" payments.  This just shows how credible of a company they really are.  Plus spending about 50 cents is worth not losing $100 or so.

• 1 month later...