MOTOROLA's SURF board Configuration Manager

Those values are just the center frequency of the downstream and upstream carriers that your isp is using.

i.e. 555000000 = 555MHz (channel 79 standard) and 29000000 = 29 MHz (the upstream frequency)

They are not the data rates or caps of any kind.

messing with comcast is a pain in the ass..  I had some many techs out there before they installed the signal booster..  My signal was too weak to transmit things...  They would say that they are coming out and then never show up.. Finally I got a manager that told me if they didnt show up i would be refunded for 6 months of access..  Of course they showed up..  Either way just be nice and they will fix you up..

well guy I have been talking too is super nice and knowlegable...he complains how bad the field guys are so there is suppose to be a guy from atlanta coming either tomorrow or wednesday (4hr drive to where I'm at)  This is after the field supervisor came out to fix it, ofcourse he says it fixed when he leaves and I'm showing him pings and traceroutes that show latency anywhere from 20-500 by the 4th hop.

if it matters its a sb5120

the down power = 0 dBmV 

the up power = 41 dBmV

I would tell you in what the exact number your power level should be for your upload but I forgot. But I do know your download power level should be around 0 and 5. And I think your upload power level should be 45 to 50, but I'm not sure. :)

My Download Power Level is -3

My Upload Power Level is in the 50 and 55's

My Upload Power Level is so high, Because a tech from Cox Communication gave me this filter looking thing called "SBA-3 SUB BAND ATTENUATOR", He gave me a choice of SBA-3 that I have and a SBA-9. He told me that the SBA-3 was a better one, because the SBA-9 would be giving me Power Level around 55 - 60 or 65 and it would be kicking me off the internet. Which I think was a Big Fat Lie. But my dumb a** believed him and got the SBA-3 now I feel disappointed for not getting the SBA-9.

Heres A Pic of The SBA-3 :D

Definitely bring that up, if your fluctuating from 41dBmv on up 59 dBmv on return power, then there is something going on.

They will usually only fluctuate a couple dB with temperature swings outside, but not 18 dB.

It could be anywhere, but you could check the obvious things like your connectors, make sure nothing is loose.

well that was what it was before the first tech guy came out,, between him and his supervisor it has gone from 59-41 in the two visits from them, it hasn't been constantly flucuating, they just keep changing it each time they come out.  They now think its the line from my modem to the node.  I now have serious doubts if they will ever fix it, starting to really wish I had a phone line so I could get dsl at this point.

yea the guy I have been talking to mentioned that it will flucuate, but only by 6%

• 2 weeks later...

When I connect my SB4200, I can't reach my advertised speeds. I can't seem to get past 4Mbps down. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my downstream powerlevel. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think - 8 dBmV is very good. The upload speeds seem to be fine on all tests.

As soon as I connect my Scientific Atlanta DPC2100 Series modem, I get great speeds both ways.

What's the deal? I posted a pic for reference.

EDIT: What happened to the auto resizing of attached images? Looks huge

Thxz netmasta. It's crazy though. My levels seem to be ok. I just don't understand why it won't get past 4Mbps.

DOWNSTREAM

Demodulation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 64 or 256 QAM

Maximum Data Rate* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 38 Mbps

Bandwidth. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 MHz

Symbol Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 64 QAM 5.069 Msym/s

Symbol Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 256 QAM 5.361 Msym/s

Operating Level Range. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -15 to +15 dBmV

Input Impedance. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 75 Ω (nominal)

Frequency Range. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 88 to 860 MHz

UPSTREAM

Modulation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 QAM or QPSK

Maximum Data Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 Mbps

Bandwidth. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200 KHz, 400 KHz, 800 KHz,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.6 MHz, 3.2 MHz

Symbol Rates. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 160, 320, 640, 1280 and

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2560 ksym/s

Operating Level Range. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +8 to +55 dBmV (16QAM)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .+8 to +58 dBmV (QPSK)

Output Impedance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 75 Ω (nominal)

Frequency Range. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 to 42 MHz (edge to edge)

EDIT: Just found this here on the site. Does this mean that the SB4200 could fall into that catagory and won't get advertised speeds?

If you're using Comcast:

Modem