Does anyone own a Ford Fusion

justinlay

Well today I have experience something that I never had before. About 4 weeks ago I decided to go buy a new car. So I was intrested in the Ford Fusion. After having it for about 4 weeks or a month should I say runs good with lots of power and drives real smooth. After leaving my last store, BTW i work for Pepsi, I drive to 5 stores and stock pepsi. I went to get in the car and when i shut the door. I heard glass shader. My back window just completely busted out. You can tell it was never hit with anything. You can see the glass pushed out, so I'm guessing it a defect?? I'm going to get ah old of the dealer ship bright and early Saturday to get this fixed. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience this yet?? I think I smell Ford's First Recall for the 07 Fusion? Ill give ya ll an update how everything turns out

Sometimes when the temperatures are high and all the windows are up it creates a lot of heat in the car. So when you open the door and the cooler air rushes in it cracks the glass and when the door shuts it blows the glass out. So on really hot days keep your windows cracked a little to let the hot air vent.

Edit : Normaly back windows are not tempered glass. Only the front and side windows are tempered.

er.. its like 98 degrees here in florida , which in a car is more than well over 110 + and as of recently weve had steep temp drops out of nowhere.. This is my 16th car and ive never had that happen. Only time ive ever had a rear window blow out was in my last car due to the subwoofers in the trunk.  :tickedoff:

er.. its like 98 degrees here in florida , which in a car is more than well over 110 + and as of recently weve had steep temp drops out of nowhere.. This is my 16th car and ive never had that happen. Only time ive ever had a rear window blow out was in my last car due to the subwoofers in the trunk.  :tickedoff:

:haha: :haha:

Sometimes when the temperatures are high and all the windows are up it creates a lot of heat in the car. So when you open the door and the cooler air rushes in it cracks the glass and when the door shuts it blows the glass out. So on really hot days keep your windows cracked a little to let the hot air vent.

Edit : Normaly back windows are not tempered glass. Only the front and side windows are tempered.

We could go round and round, Coknuck; but I believe all the glass is tempered.

Otherwise it would break in to freaky large chunks when shattered.

But, I will admit, I am definitely NOT a glass expert, so I could easily be wrong.

We could go round and round, Coknuck; but I believe all the glass is tempered.

Otherwise it would break in to freaky large chunks when shattered.

But, I will admit, I am definitely NOT a glass expert, so I could easily be wrong.

I was getting tempered and safty glass mixed up.

I personally wouldn't use a Ford Fusion to deliver Pepsi. Maybe if you cut back on a couple of cases it wouldn't put any pressure on the back window.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Very interesting though.

LOL No i wasnt delivering i just stock the stores

Well It was around 50 degress out when i got in. In side the car was about the same temp. Im trying to get ahold of the salesman that sold me the car. The back glass is tempered

Glass is funny you really never can tell if it was a defect in the glass or if someone did something.

There any many things that could have caused this, like if you had your windows tinted and used a glass cleaner with ammonia it could of helped a little bit. Just be glad you got it fixed.

Well Just got back from the ford house. Ford is covering it,  and got a rental i get to abuse for the time being :knuppel2::2funny:

Give it hell bro.. give it hell.  Last week i rented a chevy monte carlo ... hehe..  :twisted: they dont wanna now where that cars been 800 miles later

Maybe clear things up a bit.. on most cars, the front window is laminated glass (perhaps aka safety glass), and the sides and back are  tempered glass.  There may be some cars with laminated glass in the back window, but it's certainly not common.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got the back glass fixed last week. They told me it was a defect. It took them 4 days to fix it. They had to order the part so that took most of the 4 days. They fixed it with no hassell, and looks like they did a good job besides in some spots they left some glass. The only reason I found glass is cause i was installing my new system. I was running wires to the trunk. Well hopefully that new glass can take the abuse from 2 12's  :2funny:

I had a quart sized glass bottle of OJ explode out of nowhere in back of my old car when I was like 18..

It had just a small amount of OJ in the bottle, and god is the only one who truely knows how long it was in the hatchback part of the car.  It was really hot, and really sunny that day, and I guess it was baking in the sun...

I'm in the car with one of the waitresses, waiting for my job at the time to open up.  We weren't moving, and didn't even have the radio on, when...BOOM!

All we hear is glass shattering, and with the associated BOOM, we assumed someone shot at us...  :haha:

Upon further investigation, it was deemed I was a teenage slob..  :grin: