100MBPS

dlewis23

I decided to go all out, and just get the 100mbps connection.

I can't seem to break 42mbps from TMN because the test file is too small.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 42129 Kbps about 42.1 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 5143 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net

Test Time:: 2007/04/14 - 12:23pm

Bottom Line:: 735X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.2 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 4.078 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 80.83 % faster than the average for host (webgusto.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-1IS3OBVQJ'>https://testmy.net/stats/id-1IS3OBVQJ

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

Again not full speed because the test files are too small.

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 28591 Kbps about 28.6 Mbps (tested with 12159 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 3490 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2007/04/14 - 12:24pm

Bottom Line:: 499X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 0.29 sec

Tested from a 12159 kB file and took 3.484 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 138.2 % faster than the average for host (webgusto.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZC031BTK2

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.2.0f

click START to begin

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 25.42Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 9.69Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 45 Mbps T3/DS3 subnet

Alarm: Duplex mismatch condition exists: Host set to HD and Switch set to FD

click START to re-test

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.4e

click START to begin

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 20.09Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 51.59Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 100 Mbps Full duplex Fast Ethernet subnet

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.2.0f

click START to begin

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 20.58Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 58.16Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 100 Mbps Half duplex Fast Ethernet subnet

click START to re-test

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 43.06Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 10.75Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 100 Mbps Half duplex Fast Ethernet subnet

Jesus lewis, how much do you pay?

Lucky B*

Now thats got me on the level to ask for 100mbps connections around here. [geek-small]

why would you need speeds that fast? how often do you dl that large of files. Dont you have any patients.

If you do dl like that all the time, you better have one hell of a large hard drive.

i presume this is a server guys not his home connection

I dont see how they can afford those kind of prices.  Most packages cost around 300 a month to have a managed server.

I wonder what kind of a connection testmy.net has???  You would think for all the people should have at least a Gigabit connection or faster.

I don't have a managed server. I wouldn't go near a managed server ever. The server i was doing the speedtests on costs only $100 a month, $10 extra for 100mbps public bandwidth. My other server that runs my website costs $505 a month + bandwidth costs + duel Gigabit connection costs and its a...

Dual Core Xeon 5160 (3GHz)

2GB Ram

4x 750GB Hitachi Hard Drives

Red Hat ES4

TMN is on a 100mbps connection same as what i got above.

I don't have a managed server. I wouldn't go near a managed server ever. The server i was doing the speedtests on costs only $100 a month, $10 extra for 100mbps public bandwidth. My other server that runs my website costs $505 a month + bandwidth costs + duel Gigabit connection costs and its a...

:shocked: :shocked:

I don't have a managed server. I wouldn't go near a managed server ever. The server i was doing the speedtests on costs only $100 a month, $10 extra for 100Mbps public bandwidth. My other server that runs my website costs $505 a month + bandwidth costs + duel Gigabit connection costs and its a...

Dual Core Xeon 5160 (3GHz)

So then if it only has a 100MB connection then that explains why the speedtests are not that acurate during the daytime or other times in the that matter because of all the users testing and with all the fast connections for instance you take my connection of around 15mb on average and then you take other connections like blunt with arond 28mb and alot of other folks with 15mb or better, pertty soon that 100mb connection is sucked up to nothing.

2GB Ram

4x 750GB Hitachi Hard Drives

Red Hat ES4

TMN is on a 100Mbps connection same as what i got above.

So then if it only has a 100MB connection then that explains why the speedtests are not that acurate during the daytime or other times in the that matter because of all the users testing and with all the fast connections for instance you take my connection of around 15mb on average and then you take other connections like blunt with arond 28mb and alot of other folks with 15mb or better, pertty soon that 100mb connection is sucked up to nothing.

No thats not the way it works. There is not a consistent pull of bandwidth, so there is plenty of room for users to test. The main problem is the biggest file for testing is only 20MB thats not really big enough for a accurate test of a real fast connection.

You know what i could do with 500 a month  :grin2: Possiblities are endless, My PC would always be state of the art lol

are u married dlewis?? just wondering if u are and if she has anything to say about you spending that much money to have a web server hosted.

LOL, i know people who pay alot more a month for servers.

Yes i am married  :grin2: and my wife has no problem with it because i make more from the site off ads then i spend on the server and bandwidth. And she pushes me to spend and work on it more because it could get me out of my real job.