100MBPS

dlewis23

No thats not the way it works. There is not a consistent pull of bandwidth, so there is plenty of room for users to test. The main problem is the biggest file for testing is only 20MB thats not really big enough for a accurate test of a real fast connection.

LOL, i know people who pay alot more a month for servers.

Yes i am married  :grin2: and my wife has no problem with it because i make more from the site off ads then i spend on the server and bandwidth. And she pushes me to spend and work on it more because it could get me out of my real job. 

so another words if everydone tests at the same time, the pipe just gets bigger if it has to or is it a 100mb for each user that tests??  Is Ca3le going to provide larger test files??  

What do you do for your main job?  Im a welder, I weld up big construction trailors.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so another words if everydone tests at the same time, the pipe just gets bigger if it has to or is it a 100mb for each user that tests??  Is Ca3le going to provide larger test files?? 

What do you do for your main job?  Im a welder, I weld up big construction trailors.

no it doesnt get bigger, its 100mbps always. If everyone tested at the same time there would be problems. I would hope that as people get faster and faster connections he would provide bigger files.

I'm a graphics artist. I design home theaters in 3D max, and build them.

no it doesnt get bigger, its 100mbps always. If everyone tested at the same time there would be problems. I would hope that as people get faster and faster connections he would provide bigger files.

I'm a graphics artist. I design home theaters in 3D max, and build them.

Thats a nice job!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

:haha: :haha: :haha: i wish. I'm in the shop and on job sites alot. and dealing with servers and desktops that full of god knows what because they haven't been turned off or opened in 2 years LOL.

Yea same here...I do desktop support along side my network engineering....and what you see on some people desks is totally disgusting..from 3 month old food on top of their pcs..to clipped nails on their keyboards :wtf::confused4:

Guest PeePs
Yea same here...I do desktop support along side my network engineering....and what you see on some people desks is totally disgusting..from 3 month old food on top of their pcs..to clipped nails on their keyboards 

haha, yea really. My azn friend (yes he plays video games on his PC all the time) has enough hair on his desk, keyboard to make a wig out of, and there are probably like 17 different kinds of food in his keyboard.

so another words if everydone tests at the same time, the pipe just gets bigger if it has to or is it a 100mb for each user that tests??  Is Ca3le going to provide larger test files?? 

What do you do for your main job?  Im a welder, I weld up big construction trailors.

i asked cable over and over to let me try and test new files on my mirror and i even made 40 mb, 68 mb and 80 mb test files that cant be compressed anymore so they will be accurate and i sent him PM's and he doesnt reply.  is there any mods that can get cable to make a bigger test file ?  i already have 3 files made if he wants to try them

i asked cable over and over to let me try and test new files on my mirror and i even made 40 mb, 68 mb and 80 mb test files that cant be compressed anymore so they will be accurate and i sent him PM's and he doesnt reply.  is there any mods that can get cable to make a bigger test file ?  i already have 3 files made if he wants to try them

you can not get bigger then 20mb on a mirror right now, Ive tried from 40mb to 100mb and you get very inaccurate results. When ca3le finishes the next version of the test this should be fixed.

I want bigger files too, and i would be willing to host them ive got plenty of bandwidth.

haha, yea really. My azn friend (yes he plays video games on his PC all the time) has enough hair on his desk, keyboard to make a wig out of, and there are probably like 17 different kinds of food in his keyboard.

Ewww :haha: :haha:

Its like he doesn't move at all

ok thats just wrong.

I don't get how people use a computer with all that crap around. I know my desk at work isnt clean but there isnt food and hair all over it.

:haha: :haha: :haha: i wish. I'm in the shop and on job sites alot. and dealing with servers and desktops that full of god knows what because they haven't been turned off or opened in 2 years LOL.

yeah at the end of my 11 hour shift i could pass for a black guy lol ok well maybe not that dark but close lol

Whats also really fun is networking a large corp building running cat up the wall and of course along the ceiling where all the dirt and spider webs are lol

i like to keep things clean im always using air cans and electronic anti static wipes to clean both laptops and my server.  I hate clutter i guess you could say im a neat freak when it comes to my stuff.  thats why i have a file cabinet unlike some people that i know that throw there bills all over there desks.

i always shutdown the server once every three months and clean out the dust.  doesnt take long 5 min and backup and running again.

• 1 month later...

:.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 10119 Kbps about 10.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1235 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/05/17 - 12:01am

Bottom Line:: 176X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.83 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 9.844 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 91.94 % faster than the average for host (insightbb.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-E6T0B9I1P

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

Not to Shabby for 30.00 a month. I thinkI'm kicking but over here in Illinois :evil:

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to go all out, and just get the 100Mbps connection.

I can't seem to break 42Mbps from TMN because the test file is too small.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 42129 Kbps about 42.1 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 5143 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net

Test Time:: 2007/04/14 - 12:23pm

Bottom Line:: 735X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.2 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 4.078 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 80.83 % faster than the average for host (webgusto.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-1IS3OBVQJ'>https://testmy.net/stats/id-1IS3OBVQJ

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

Again not full speed because the test files are too small.

::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 28591 Kbps about 28.6 Mbps (tested with 12159 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 3490 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2007/04/14 - 12:24pm

Bottom Line:: 499X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 0.29 sec

Tested from a 12159 kB file and took 3.484 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 138.2 % faster than the average for host (webgusto.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZC031BTK2

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

Dude i have up to 800 mbps and cant break 45 mbps, thats cause testmy.net servers only have a 100 mbps net connection

Heres my best result.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 45536 Kbps about 45.5 Mbps (tested with 48638 kB)

Download Speed is:: 5559 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/09 - 2:25am

Bottom Line:: 794X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.18 sec

Tested from a 48638 kB file and took 8.75 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 395.66 % faster than the average for host (myserverhosts.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2XWIF7KVA

User Agent:: Opera/9.21 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

It is not the testmy servers...  The overall bandwidth available to these servers are in the 100s of Gbps.  As they are homed with just about every backbone providor in the US and europe.  The other issue is that there is no router, other what is at the core of the internet, that an switch and aggerate 800mb of traffic accross 8 seperate connections all at one time..  The overhead would be counter productive to split traffic from one site/server onto 8 connections.

It is not the testmy servers...  The overall bandwidth available to these servers are in the 100s of Gbps.  As they are homed with just about every backbone providor in the US and europe.  The other issue is that there is no router, other what is at the core of the internet, that an switch and aggerate 800mb of traffic accross 8 seperate connections all at one time..  The overhead would be counter productive to split traffic from one site/server onto 8 connections.

Actually it is the TMN servers swimmer. The server is on a 100mbps port and can't go any faster then that. It is connected on a multi gigabit per second backbone, but the port on the server is physically limited to 100mbps and can not push data any faster then that.