Packet Queuing

x_6985381

I would say it is not going to make a difference... what that process does, based on very little research, is dynamically, i think, adjust your receive windows for best performance.  However, if you are not on a QoS network or don't have a bunch of PCs on the same network I wouldn't bother..

Changed the receive windows but in vista doesn't make a difference. VAN we need your knowledge.  [nerdly]

Van if you can make vista faster, I'll post on testmy.net until I'm 45.  :haha:

Promised  :lipsrsealed:

Vista has an adaptive stack.. meaning that it is always looking at the flow rate from your computer onto the network..  It is more like the linux network stack.. So basically you dont need to mess with the TCPwindow.. because it will just change anyways.. 

Automatic configuration of stack settings based on different network environments

The Next-Generation TCP/IP stack automatically senses the network environment and adjusts key performance settings, such as the TCP receive window. Improved stack auto-tuning and configuration reduces the need for manual configuration of TCP/IP settings. For more information, see Performance Enhancements in the Next Generation TCP/IP Stack.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0905.mspx

enjoy..

or just read the first stick on this board.. http://www.testmy.net/t-18907