What guide do you want?

Swimmer

Which guide would you like to see?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which guide would you like to see?

• SmoothWall with VPN server
    • Advanced Web Server on Linux
    • Dual boot Windows XP/SuSE 10
    • Astrisk VoIP PBX

Alright so in about 3 weeks I am going to be done with school... I have discovered some pretty sweet little tricks throughout this year that some of you may be interested in.  I will eventually write up all 3 but just wanted to see if there was a want/need for one before the other..

1. SmoothWall router with PPTP VPN server.

Basically how to get a smoothwall firewall setup and implementing a VPN server that will allow any Microsoft OS to connect to the server with very little configuration work.

2. Advanced Web Server

Installing a distro of linux and then implementing the software necessary to server modern web pages.  I can also add in Team Speak and Vent speak software.

3. Dual booting Windows XP and SuSE 10.

Pretty self explanatory.

4. Astrisk VoIP PBX

Basically setting up an advanced VoIP call center.  This will take MUCH longer to do since I have not played with this in quite a while..

Dual boot suse 10 and xp......

....i was doing suse 10.2 just today, and well, maybe you can help......no matter what GRUB configuration I make, before saving the setup (during install) I get the error saying:

error 23: error while parsing number

any ideas ?

I've posted at SuSE forum today looking for a possible solution, no luck yet.....I even reinstalled SuSE thinking that I maybe messed something up during the install....the problem is still there...

There is a possible solution of detaching my raid0 (nvraid setup) drives - it seems to have fixed someones problem by doing that.....I might try - although, I do not see what the problem with that really is

Alright so in about 3 weeks I am going to be done with school... I have discovered some pretty sweet little tricks throughout this year that some of you may be interested in.  I will eventually write up all 3 but just wanted to see if there was a want/need for one before the other..

1. SmoothWall router with PPTP VPN server.

Basically how to get a smoothwall firewall setup and implementing a VPN server that will allow any Microsoft OS to connect to the server with very little configuration work.

2. Advanced Web Server

Installing a distro of linux and then implementing the software necessary to server modern web pages.  I can also add in Team Speak and Vent speak software.

3. Dual booting Windows XP and SuSE 10.

Pretty self explanatory.

4. Astrisk VoIP PBX

Basically setting up an advanced VoIP call center.  This will take MUCH longer to do since I have not played with this in quite a while..

I would love a guide on installing and using linux instead of Windows.  :grin2: I voted for option 3.

Alright so here is the deal.. May 11thish the Dual boot will be done.  If you can think of any specific programs or anything let me know and I will do a basic setup once the dual boot is complete.

By the end of May I should have a basic Apache/MySQL setup that can be deployed..  As far as advanced stuff goes.. here is what I was thinking.. A load balanced web cluster with Samba backend.  So basically a total of 4 machine, a load balances aka director, 2 web servers, and a Samba/MySQL client..  With this type of setup you can easily serve well over 100,000 live connections..(Depending on hardware)