To much information in the news ya think??

ninjageek

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't England have a controlled news source, which allows what the government wants on the news to be on it?

Granted, this is America, and that's England, but giving killers, and people a attention source to aim after, will give them the extra drive they need to do things such as shootings, etc.

I just think some news should be filtered but, Freedom of Press and Speech cuts any sort of that out.

They do show too much sometimes, but people deserve to be informed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't England have a controlled news source, which allows what the government wants on the news to be on it?

WRONG

i think

correct me if i am wrong but i think in the uk they can put any news they want in the air

there are work around but i dont think they can just stop news, imagine if it is a paper from the house of commons (or the congress as u call it in the usa) and it was not supose to be seen by many people they can stop that from being shown

or like they stop the bbc talking about one subject (which was only the bbc not the rest of the news channels)

so yes they can hide/stop some news, but dont have control of the new per say

WRONG

i think

correct me if i am wrong but i think in the uk they can put any news they want in the air

there are work around but i dont think they can just stop news, imagine if it is a paper from the house of commons (or the congress as u call it in the usa) and it was not supose to be seen by many people they can stop that from being shown

or like they stop the bbc talking about one subject (which was only the bbc not the rest of the news channels)

so yes they can hide/stop some news, but dont have control of the new per say

Then, I was thinking about how American media is very different from England's - I've got a friend from there and they say that our News just continuously carries the same, never ending story, and repeats and drives it into the ground.

Which is true, I agree with that. American Media does put way too much emphasis on a certain story, and beats it to death for all its worth

Just to sell another paper or minute of coverage. News is sold. And the old school stick your nose in the middle of it like wives used to do. I myself do not watch the news for entertainment. I would rather watch a movie. A good one.

And people buy into it. My wife gets very angry when I change channels from the news a lot. (yes the channel selector works for me) She says what about...

Well I can watch it tomorrow just like a soap opera (women used  to be the only ones who watched them, now I guess guys watch them too) and I will not miss any of it, it will be repeated continually. BORING Don't get me wrong, news is very important. Just make it new news when you bring it too me. Not a 100th time rehash for points.  :tickedoff:

The problem with the news is that it is not news... its just a grotesque display of the worst humanity has to offer. I don't watch the news.. ever. I never miss a important thing though, mainly due to the fact if it is important everyone is talking about it. All the other rapes, murders, molested children and all the other grotesque stories are nothing but garbage. How does knowing a kid got beat to death in another state help you? It doesn't, it entertains you in the sickest way. Lord I hate "the news". If you took the billions spent on reporting all the horrible things in life and put that money towards FIXING the problems and not just spend the money to broadcast it we would be much better off. We need to news to tell us about things our government is doing behind our backs and the real state of the world... not all this bullshit.

All this attention to a killer does absolutely nothing to help anything. Just a live action movie we can all enjoy for free. Its great, if you like hearing about kids being hurt and women being raped the news is the best form of entertainment you could want.

On a side note I have read little of this thread and this post is not a reply to anyone. So if this post seems to be argumenative to a post you made before, I assure you it is due to my ignorance of the previous posts. This is just my Thursday rant.  :wink:

Just to confirm Just's post about freedom of the UK press , we have a long tradition

in the UK have freedom of speech , and that includes the news , but maybe we have good editors , if you keep pumping out the same old crap , you loose the public ,

I agree with Shug 's in his post #7 , except I think the public have the right to know , what is going on , but presented in a responsible manner

Just to confirm Just's post about freedom of the UK press , we have a long tradition

in the UK have freedom of speech , and that includes the news , but maybe we have good editors , if you keep pumping out the same old crap , you loose the public ,

I agree with Shug 's in his post #7 , except I think the public have the right to know , what is going on , but presented in a responsible manner

That is what we are missing.

[nerdly]