Shout Box

you mean like an integrated member "chat" type? thats cool but I question the usage...when we had the chat room only a few members were ever on. but if people would use this feature i am all for it  :grin2:

Yea, on the main page, or the " community "Home page. Something like a small box ie: 125x60 , that we could all hit on. I think it would be better than a :chat room : , because it would be just a quickie thing , that you would not have to have java or any other app, and just holler  in when you wanted to blab, or make a quick statement . :)

it is a good idea, and i would like to see it, but maybe its not being addressed because of what happened with the chat room....where everyone was like i'll be on it alot, then were never on so it got removed.....but i would use this alot actually, just as a quick chat if it wasnt important enough for a thread or something  :smile2:

wow starship...how cool...so it's a family affair...tell to get his ass back in here...i remember seeing that name...

:smitten:

lol he is the one who showed me to this site.  he got a new job and is working alot thats why he doesnt surf the forum that much. but i go to his house alot so i'll tell him that there was a request for him to go back to tmn forums.  :-P

shout boxes get abused... bad.  I've never put one up but I would imagine people would put anything from really bad messages as jokes to ADs for bullshit... I know that if I was trying to scam up some traffic for something less than ledgit I would think about exploiting something like that, especially if the site allowed links in the shoutbox.

I've seen them.. I've ran the idea in my mind... but I just don't think it will work out well with as much traffic as the site gets.  The more traffic... the more that people want to target you.

Thanks for the idea though.. .please keep them coming.

-D

shout boxes get abused... bad.  I've never put one up but I would imagine people would put anything from really bad messages as jokes to ADs for bullshit... I know that if I was trying to scam up some traffic for something less than ledgit I would think about exploiting something like that, especially if the site allowed links in the shoutbox.

I've seen them.. I've ran the idea in my mind... but I just don't think it will work out well with as much traffic as the site gets.  The more traffic... the more that people want to target you.

Thanks for the idea though.. .please keep them coming.

-D

Yah you probably have a point there...