Need Computer Upgrade Advice....

Siryak

Actually I am already at 1GB. I was just wondering if it was necessary for me to go all the way up to 3(the RAM Voltage posted would have put me that high). My goal was 2GB. I do decode DVD's every once in a while and browse the web while doing it. I multi-task...A lot. That is why I went with the Dual Core :grin2:. Would have got a Core 2 Duo, but they weren't out yet when I bought the comp. TY for all the help!!! Now I wont make the same mistakes Shug did. :2funny:

Edit: TY Voltage. I will go find me a 512 pair right quick.

I am sorry I misunderstood. I missed that we were talking about Vista. The others are right, with Vista yes it will make a difference.

TY very much for the help guys! O and Shug...That Donkey in your sig is sexy. :azn:

Hell yes it is... it was modled after me.  :kiss::haha: :haha: Thanks man, so what was your desicion, if you already said and I missed it just help a fat guy out and tell me again.  :evil6:

Hell yes it is... it was modled after me.  :kiss::haha: :haha: Thanks man, so what was your desicion, if you already said and I missed it just help a fat guy out and tell me again.  :evil6:

Probably go with the 1GB pair to bring it up to 3GB. No it couldn't have been modeled after you...I said it was sexy. That rules you out lol. :2funny:

All this memory talk got me thinkin, i just bought a laptop with a really fast core 2 duo and 1 GB of RAM that is pc-5300 667. Do you think 1gb is really neccessary. On the other hand i guess it depends on how i use my laptop. i will do gaming, huge downloads, video converting, web browsing, word processing, and some photo editing. If they gave me 2x512mb i will wait to upgrade to 2x1gb but if they gave me 1x1gb i will definitely throw another 1gb stick in there for $60.  When i was customizing my laptop on dell.com they wanted $175 for a 1gb to 2gb upgrade they are so ridiculous cause 1gb of pc-5300 ddr2 667 laptop memory on costs about $60

All this memory talk got me thinkin, i just bought a laptop with a really fast core 2 duo and 1 GB of RAM that is pc-5300 667. Do you think 1gb is really neccessary. On the other hand i guess it depends on how i use my laptop. i will do gaming, huge downloads, video converting, web browsing, word processing, and some photo editing. If they gave me 2x512mb i will wait to upgrade to 2x1gb but if they gave me 1x1gb i will definitely throw another 1gb stick in there for $60.  When i was customizing my laptop on dell.com they wanted $175 for a 1gb to 2gb upgrade they are so ridiculous cause 1gb of pc-5300 ddr2 667 laptop memory on costs about $60

I think what you have is necessary. I would be willing to bet you have 2x512 in there now.

Ok I have decided to just go with 1024mb to get me by..Why? Because I am wanting to buy me a real gaming rig within about a year or so, so I don't want to drop a whole bunch of cash into this one. Anyway I have narrowed it down to 2. Which one would yall go with?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=30260&CatId=1075

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1558799&Tab=2&NoMapp=0