Laptop Fan Kicking On/Off maybe?

wyantm06

I just got back taking a Compaw Presario c500 today and got a Toshiba Satellite which had wy better specs than the Compaq. Ok I feel air coming out the back keeping it cool. But every once an a while it seems like it kicks in loud for a second then goes away. It does it a few times. I don't know if that is making the fan kick in a new speed or what? Everything is running fine though. Is this normal?I was told by somone today that they have laptops that do it to. Thanks.

ya the toshiba does that.. Its like a Jeep radiator fan. Its a quick intermitent cooling that helps maintain any lingering heat in the unit. Its kinda irritating after a while, but does its job pretty well.  [geek]

I have a question you might know swimmer. Is it ok to leave the charger cord still plugged in while its completed the charge? I don't want it to ruin battery either. This battery only lasts like 2 hours.

I have a gateway laptop that is plugged in at least 9 hours a day when I am working.

this is my 4th or 5th laptop over the years I have had (due to upgrades) and leaving them plugged in has never caused me any issue's.

Today's notebooks are pretty smart when it comes to power, so i personally would not sweat it.

BTW, I just installed Speedfan on an older spare PC I have at home, and it gave me some pretty good readings and info on temps and fan speeds.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Guest PeePs

uh yeah leaving it plugged in will definately not hurt ur laptop.

As for your fan noise, I'd much rather have my fan kick in full speed a lot than to never hear it because my laptop randomly will shut off at times and im about 90 percent sure its because it overheats. I don't know if its just a ****** laptop or it the fan is actually faulty....