HughesNet Performance Question

rjventre

I have noticed within the past week or so my signal strength has increased from 84 to 87. My signal strength would never get higher than 84 prior to this. I have also noticed my transmission failures have gone up from about 200 failed:300,000 successful to about 3,500 failed:200,000 successful. Does anyone know why my signal strength would have gone up all of a sudden and my transmission failures increase?

Thanks,

rjventre

I have noticed within the past week or so my signal strength has increased from 84 to 87. My signal strength would never get higher than 84 prior to this. I have also noticed my transmission failures have gone up from about 200 failed:300,000 successful to about 3,500 failed:200,000 successful. Does anyone know why my signal strength would have gone up all of a sudden and my transmission failures increase?

Thanks,

rjventre

There are a couple of reasons I can think of;

1) there was a new firmware upgrade recently that could be the reason if your running the HN7000S.

2) satellites are peculiar in their orbit that they wonder slightly from the exact  location, kind of like an orbit within an orbit. What this means is that getting it very high may mean a decrease slightly as it moves away from the sweet spot and then come back to the sweet spot.