I'm always paranoid...Couple Laptop questions

wyantm06

Ok, I bought a Toshiba Satellite and you know where you plug your charger cord in? It wiggles of course when you wiggle. Is it supposed to wiggle when you move it? Only reason I ask is because I am afraid same thing will happen like my last laptop. I got messed up somehow and won't charge or anything no more. How often do them break? That's my #1 concern with laptops. Also would it be ok to put my laptop in it's carrying case right after use? It shouldn't wreck it should it?

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah I am paranoid because it wiggles only because I bought a used one before and after so long it wouldn't charge. The connector connecting to the motherboard messed up. There for I am going to do surgery on it probably and try to fix it eventually. Thanks again! Got my new carrying case in the mail today also. I love it, so many pockets and gadgets I can add in it. Again, thanks. That will stop the paranoidness hopefully lol.

I think I am just to paranoid...  :idiot2:

no don't be paranoid but yes this will probably happen to you laptop whether it is the inside jack that messes up or the cord itself near the jack.  This happened twice to my moms computer and also once to two different friends of mines. i just bought a laptop and i am worried about this too. i wonder if it is still an issue in the most recent models tho.....

no don't be paranoid but yes this will probably happen to you laptop whether it is the inside jack that messes up or the cord itself near the jack.  This happened twice to my moms computer and also once to two different friends of mines. i just bought a laptop and i am worried about this too. i wonder if it is still an issue in the most recent models tho.....

This sucks, now I am more paranoid. I figured it happened in a lot of laptops. You would think they would look into this a lot more and find a good fix. Wow, I don't know if I should just return the laptop or what.

Ok, I bought a Toshiba Satellite and you know where you plug your charger cord in? It wiggles of course when you wiggle. Is it supposed to wiggle when you move it? Only reason I ask is because I am afraid same thing will happen like my last laptop. I got messed up somehow and won't charge or anything no more. How often do them break? That's my #1 concern with laptops. Also would it be ok to put my laptop in it's carrying case right after use? It shouldn't wreck it should it?

I had my charger port start wiggling and went out on me one time too. Wouldnt charge, it sucked. My current one does wiggle a little. Probably just paranoid like me.  :wink:

sweet, mine is just black with like 3 zipper openings and has newegg all over it...

I had my charger port start wiggling and went out on me one time too. Wouldnt charge, it sucked. My current one does wiggle a little. Probably just paranoid like me.  :wink:

mine wiggles a little, but it has never fallen out or anything, but i wouldnt really worry if it was going to break and not charge, because i am careful with it, so if you're all careful i dont see a problem....correct me if i'm wrong...

Everyone should just take extra care to not bend or tug at the cord a lot where it enters the computer so it doesn't short or disconnect connection to the computer or bend the metal piece out the end of the cord which both happened to my mom's laptop.

just make sure that when you have it plugged in, the cord isn't anywhere that the cord can get tripped over or something, and it will be fine. my cord has always been a little loose along with the screen...and mine has worked fine for as long as i've had it.  :grin2:

edit/ also dont' worry about being paranoid, when i build a new computer i always triple check everything and stuff because its new. but after a while you'll just get used to the stuff and you wont be as paranoid. trust me.  :smile2:

just make sure that when you have it plugged in, the cord isn't anywhere that the cord can get tripped over or something, and it will be fine. my cord has always been a little loose along with the screen...and mine has worked fine for as long as i've had it.  :grin2:

edit/ also dont' worry about being paranoid, when i build a new computer i always triple check everything and stuff because its new. but after a while you'll just get used to the stuff and you wont be as paranoid. trust me.  :smile2:

Alright thanks. That helps a lot. It just looks like it is about to pop right off the sauder.