How much performance is between a core 2 duo with fsb 667 and and fsb 800

MttFrog13

I ask cus i just bought a laptop with the Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB/2.00GHz/667MHz) and if you have seen testmy.net's news lately you will see that intel announced its mobile 800fsb processor called the santa rosa. I've never really understood processors just that generally the higher the price, the better.

But for example do you think my core 2 duo 2.00GHz/667MHz would outrun a 1.8GHz/800MHz.  This stuff is so confusing. I put the extra money towards a dual core in a laptop cus this needs to last me through college, (I'm going to Syracuse University in New York with a major in economics, minor in finance).

the difference is only in fsb, which theoretically is not relevant...what matters is really the speed your processor is running at.....

thats comforting, i hate how technology outdates things so quick......but there has to be some difference right, otherwise there would be no reason for intel to increase it, could it be responsiveness maybe? i'll google it

I found this:

The smaller the CPU to FSB ratio, the more efficiently the processor can work. Therefore, faster frontside bus speeds lead to faster overall performance. When the CPU to FSB ratio is high, the processor often has to wait for data to be sent out over the system bus before getting new data to process.

I should've googled it...basically your fsb needs to be higher only as your processor speed gets higher, so if intel is realeasing a 800fsb processor that means they are probably gonna go a litter higher with their actual processor speeds right?  I'm glad cus i don't think i could've afforded a more expensive processor anyway.

higher fsb does not necessarily equal higher speeds....you can go lower fsb higher multiplier or higher fsb lower multiplier and achieve the same speed.......

but thats not the point here....the question was whether it increases performance or not ?............it might, it might not.....not enough to justify buying a new process or upgrading thats for sure - nothing to be worried about really