What is your favorite speed test site?

Shug7272

Please dont just put testmy.net, I really want to know. Is there another one you like better and why do you like that one better. Be brutally honest. User feedback is the most important thing a site can have and we have great members. Ok seriously let us have it. All I ask is if you say you prefer another just post specifically why. I like their site layout better, test is more accurate, lower ping times, better mods/admins. Tell us how to improve.

for me over here in the UK , I use http://www.dslzoneuk.net/  a good site for UK ADSL knowledge , and a good graph that is easy to read , but no up load test ,  :evil2:

or I use    http://www.numion.com/ for a real life surfing speed test (Holland )

but for me #1 is TMN ,

So what I gather from your post you like the graph and you test there due to the fact it has a server closer to you. Did I miss anything? Thanks for the feedback.  :grin2:

So what I gather from your post you like the graph and you test there due to the fact it has a server closer to you. Did I miss anything? Thanks for the feedback.  :grin2:

Yep Shugs that is about it   http://www.dslzoneuk.net/ is only 100 miles from me , TMN is near on 3,500 miles , but I only loose about 5% to TMN. and the upload test is great ,

give http://www.numion.com/  a try (Holland)  a try very unusual test site , no need to be a member on their  , I would be interested in seeing the result from the USA, numion had a forum now defunct  ,

and was my first forum membership ,  

Please dont just put testmy.net, I really want to know. Is there another one you like better and why do you like that one better. Be brutally honest. User feedback is the most important thing a site can have and we have great members. Ok seriously let us have it. All I ask is if you say you prefer another just post specifically why. I like their site layout better, test is more accurate, lower ping times, better mods/admins. Tell us how to improve.

Shug:  I like testmy.net the best, but I can no longer test

here since around the 1st week in Feb.  I could test for

about a week while being shown google ads, then the

google ads disappeared and so did my ability to test.  I

have made several posts about this in general discussion,

help forum and the make it better forum.  I also sent a

message to CA8LE and he replied with a question and I

referred him to all my posts and I have had no reply from

him in several weeks.  If you would read my posts about

this problem and assist me I would appreciate it.  I have

tried testing every way I can think of with no luck.

I now use PC Pitstop and Speedtest.net, but their results

are wildly different.

are wildly different.

I just sent you a PM, check your inbox and we'll get to the bottom of your problem.  The problem is isolated though because you're the only having problems.

-D

I perfer speedtest.net and testmy.net as close 2nd. Depending where you live, here are my reasons:

1. Location of the servers to test from

2. How far away they are

3. What equipment they run (if it's known) and how many other servers you hit before theirs

4. If its public or members only (traffic on it matters)

speedtest is in it's infancy, but I get a second test from testmy.net to concur with it.

are wildly different.

Shit sorry paladin, looks like CA3LE is taking care of it now. I must have missed all of your posts about it.  :oops:

Personally I love speedtest.net. It is very efficent and fun at the same time to test your network speed.

Thanks chenko. So is it mainly the layout and graphics you like?

This is from the midwest.

You like it better than us? Im trying to find out what people like better about the other places.

I have tried many test sites, and I don't really care for tor the  " pretty " graphical thing that seems to be associated w/ most of them.

TMN has been the most consistant , and I feel the most accurate. Although I do like the information the NDT servers give.

Thank you.

I perfer speedtest.net and testmy.net as close 2nd. Depending where you live, here are my reasons:

1. Location of the servers to test from

2. How far away they are

3. What equipment they run (if it's known) and how many other servers you hit before theirs

4. If its public or members only (traffic on it matters)

speedtest is in it's infancy, but I get a second test from testmy.net to concur with it.

Thanks, this is what I am looking for.

For basic speed testing I prefer http://www.speedtest.net, they dont allow you to pick on the file size you want to measure thats a down side for me,

Basic speed testing TM.N-0 ST.N-1

yeah i am an admin and i prefer speed test. Hear me out.

ST.N for me has a more attractive interface and a speed test just as accurate as TM.N

Accuracy TM.N-1 ST.N-1

When it comes to statistical data, lets be honest, our host list is out of data

our back ground scale is always the same it does not change dynamically from a 56k user to a cable user to a fiber user its always from 0 to 4Mbps.

We also don't provide any form of statistics in terms of regions just in terms of providers

TM.N-0 ST.N-1

In terms of forum well, they don't have one as far as i know

so we beat them to points

TM.N-1 ST.N-0

Advanced Speed test, as far as i know u can only choose location, not file size or anything else so we win

TM.N-1 ST.N-0

How we present history of past speed test compared to them

again they do it alot better ST.N we lose on that one big time

they do graphs and a lot more then just a dump of a table like we do

TM.N-0 ST.N-1

Overall Results for me

TM.N - 3

ST.N - 4

i think this is a realist approach in my view

they have a better graphical website and better statistics

what they dont have is advanced speed testing or a community like we do

----------------------------------------------------// -------------------------------------------------------

Now lets talk about DSLreports which hasn't been mention

they have a kick ass huge community, and more technical then ours but they dont have a friendly atmosphere like we do

also their forum looks horrible, really sucks

i go every day to DSLReports to read the news but now i am getting away from the point

They have a nice gui of the speed test with the recent flash boost something i think tm.n should do also

not very accurate speed testing and very limited to the usa their servers :(

big forum but not as good as us

good news section beats any other site

basically not that good even though they get a huge traffic load

-----------------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------

in the uk i go to good old dslguide.org which now is thinkbroadband.com

speed test is accurate and java based (not java script like ours, i mean java applet)

good for the uk people but nothing special.

i think that is it for my comments

i hope they are useful to u shug

and i hope it opens some discussion with some other members here if they agree or disagree with my comments

I guess im inclined to rely on speedtest.net for more accuracy. But they cant beat the testmy.net forum .

I'm hooked on his forum  :smitten:

Results in comparison

testmy.net share-DSI4OTUGP

SPEEDTEST.NET

118344498.png

Hmmm [nerdly] [nerdly] [nerdly]

please remove the image directlink next time you post a result, you dont want to advertise for them right?

Noted, thanks guys. Sorry I am keeping track of some things, so the noted posts are more for my own good.

Keep it comming guys.  :grin2:

i guess i got to ask

you taking notes for what purpose

why do you need our opinion what is the end goal behind this Shug ?

i personally use tmn because it's the most accurate for me, and i like the way the site is setup with the forum, ping tools, etc. but if tmn is down (like the great crash we had) i use speakeasy, it seems the second closest.

here is a note for you shug, i never use speedtest.net because they only have 1 size speed test it seems,  and if i choose a close server to test, even though i am only on a 3mbps download connection, i still lose a bunch of speed with it. so for me it is extremely inaccurate, because on dumeter(registered) i dont get close to the speed i do on tmn