What is your favorite speed test site?

Shug7272

i personally use tmn because it's the most accurate for me, and i like the way the site is setup with the forum, ping tools, etc. but if tmn is down (like the great crash we had) i use speakeasy, it seems the second closest.

here is a note for you shug, i never use speedtest.net because they only have 1 size speed test it seems,  and if i choose a close server to test, even though i am only on a 3mbps download connection, i still lose a bunch of speed with it. so for me it is extremely inaccurate, because on dumeter(registered) i dont get close to the speed i do on tmn

Noted, thanks.  :grin2:

i guess i got to ask

you taking notes for what purpose

why do you need our opinion what is the end goal behind this Shug ?

Well basically just the fact that since me and you have been here ( a long time now) I have only recently seen scores from other speed sites being proudly displayed instead of ours. In the past when you went to other forums, people would use our test as a benchmark. Lately it seems to be used as a last resort. I want to know why. We have hardly changed in the past year while other sites have and new ones have popped up. I want to know from the horses mouth what is liked better about the other sites.  :grin2:

yeah, i've noticed that people have been using speedtest.net alot recently here in the forums.

yeah i guess they are a bit bigger then us

u know me people i love stats

look at what alexa thinks

we have been closer to them

but for sure now they are winning on popularity

damn flashy websites

I can no longer test accurately here. It gives me over 15M on the test with only 1200 for my top speed so far. Ever since I got EVDO Rev. A it has been this way. So (snip)speedtest.net, or Speakeasy.net.  [nerdly]

I have no idea why.  :icon_scratch:

The first link you povided does not even seem to have a speed test but it does seem to advertise for a member who was banned from here. If this is the case, I sure as hell wouldnt do it again.

weird tommie, here is mine   

Your connection is: 3106 Kbps or 3.1 Mbps

You downloaded at: 379 kB/s

You are running: 54 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 2.7 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:starship_troopers CompID:221165310975

Test Time:: 2007/04/26 - 6:04pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

Test ID: WXP9M5R1G (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: 90% + Okay : running at 95.31 % of your hosts average (cableone.net)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 7.89 seconds to complete

mine works fine