23 Mb/bits on Comcast 6Mb/bit Tier

antman08015

I'm Guessing it's Comcast's new Thing called PowerBoost But I'm getting around 15+ Mbps the same from Both Speakeasy.net and Speedtest.net here on testmy.net I'm only Getting 8 to 10 Mbps                          117976533.png

please remove the image directlink next time you post a result, you dont want to advertise for them right?

This is my Speed from Speakeasy.net                                                                                                    Last Result:

Download Speed: 22012 kbps (2751.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 2268 kbps (283.5 KB/sec transfer rate)                                                                              and this is my Speed on Here Compare the Three                                                                                :::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 8575 Kbps about 8.6 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1047 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/04/25 - 3:48pm

Bottom Line:: 150X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.98 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 11.617 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 52.17 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IRUDGEH21

User Agent:: Opera/9.20 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) [!]

• 3 weeks later...

The reason for the difference in the test results is the test size.  Both of the sites that you listed use smaller testing sizes to save bandwidth.  However, with the advent of SpeedBoost the testing size needs to be much larger to get an accurate result.  So... what those test are showing are the results of the speedboost and not the true bandwidth that your connection normally has.

As far as SpeedBoost goes, it is a temp boost in the dowvload bandwidth.  The amount of boost and duration is dependent on the traffic on your node and the overall traffic in the region that you are located in.