linksys router settings for p2p

JH2688

my isp is my phone company. i got there high speed dsl. its only 1 meg down and .5 up. but where im located i can only a max of around 100 Kbps down. My p2p speeds vary from 5-50Kps. I just think either my router is set up so it slows it down, or my isp is just shit(and it is) we've had so much trouble with it. It seemed like dial-up was more reliable.

I dl torrents using bitcomet. my limewire runs fine i can get 100Kbps with it.

Im not to sure on how port forwarding works.

• 1 month later...

I remember a week ago when i purchased the same router at sillicon valley at MEGAMALL... iam having the same problem. Downloading the upgrade firmware at Philippine Linksys website to resolve some issues and bugs as per Linksys WRT54G routers.

As for me, i messed up the upgrading of the firmware that I have to call the microwarehouse for some troubleshooting... and it did'nt solve the problem.

So what i did was to return the said Router and have it upgraded to WRT54GS.

My conclusion is, WRT54G is more likely a test router and firmware may be possibly corrupted when upgrading.

There is an issue with P2P on the WRT54G series routers.. The only real way to correct this is to see if Linksys has released new firmware... or to put a third party version on.  I have a WRT54G running DD-WRT and it is rock solid and can handle p2p traffic pretty well.