Who is and who isn

Roco

Vista , what's your plan on this , and why ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Vista , what's your plan on this , and why ?

• I am running Vista
    • I will be upgrading soon
    • staying with my old O/S

OK just a straight 3 question poll  on Windows Vista ,

Are you running it ,

Are you going to upgrade within the year ,

Or not bothered, and plan to stay with your current O/S

For me I will be staying with XP for at least 2 years , then decide ,

Xp does all I need , but then I said that about Win M.E.  :lol:

I have pretty much done all my ranting and raving about how much I hate vista and believe gates is ripping off people with it. I honestly dont condone pirate software. With vista I forsure make one exception. I hope the hackers get gates good with his "impossible to pirate" vista. Pretty much sure they already have.

I have pretty much done all my ranting and raving about how much I hate vista and believe gates is ripping off people with it. I honestly dont condone pirate software. With vista I forsure make one exception. I hope the hackers get gates good with his "impossible to pirate" vista. Pretty much sure they already have.

:lol: ninjageek, I guess yours was a NO vote then ?

I think the same was said about Xp when it came out ,

personally I can't be bothered to upgrade my computer to run Vista in all it's full glory ,

Why swap Xp pro for Vista home edition ?  as Vista home is around $290 USD in the UK , no doubt I will end up with Vista oneday but not in the foreseeable future ,

well not until Vista Sp 2 is out , I allways think of the old saying , "fools rush in where angels fear to tread " same for me with new cars , I just patiently wait till all the recalls have been done with :evil6:

I hope the hackers get gates good with his "impossible to pirate" vista. Pretty much sure they already have.

Yep, I already have... but he got back to me somehow  :sad:

Anyways, just wanted to test before I bought, I was satisfied and thus bought it, but it I already had XP, I probably would not have upgraded, but since there's barely a price difference between them, I went for Vista. I do admit that there are still a few bugs to work out, but compatibility has not been much of a problem for me, a bit with the Ipod before the official release but now it's ok.

Yea I gave it a "test drive". Really not crazy on the looks of it. Black is forsure not my fav. I have had stardock's windowblinds for sometime. Have a few skins I really like. I also have one monster computer. I use objectdock as well. So looks wise, mine is right up there if not better looking imho than vista. Maybe after a service pack or 2 and when the price comes down maybe. My concern is vista will be like windows 2000. Only out a short time before another os hits. As long is it took for vista that would not shock me. So if another major os is gonna hit within the next couple of years, I will leapfrog vista into the one after that.

Iv'e done the Beta thing when they called it " Longhorn " , and used it after it was released. I really did'nt put much time into it yet , but I felt they have big changes comming for it in the near future.  :wink:

I hope the hackers get gates good with his "impossible to pirate" vista. Pretty much sure they already have.

Yep , seen this over a month ago. No need to register anymore, and you can get ultimate if you want, it's all on the same disk. And yes, it will update just fine as well as function properly.

I will be keeping Windows XP for a while but, I might dual boot Vista in the future.

If ya do. And you keep getting that ntrdl finle missing. Let me know how you got it fixed. I even tried putting vista on c drive as well as xp. I dual drives. Yea I tried every combination I could think of. Trying to dual boot it just got the best of me, I cried uncle and took vista off.

OK just a straight 3 question poll  on Windows Vista ,

Are you running it ,

Are you going to upgrade within the year ,

Or not bothered, and plan to stay with your current O/S

For me I will be staying with XP for at least 2 years , then decide ,

Xp does all I need , but then I said that about Win M.E.  :lol:

I never buy a new OS or a new car before all the bugs are worked out. It may put me a year or so behind the times, but when I do buy it, I am sure that the cockroaches are gone and I don't have to constantly upgrade.

That being said, no Vista for me for at least a year.

i have a pc that still uses 98SE. those were the good days, no extra eye candy that hogs resources but runs on low end systems fine.....

My old time favorite is M.E. , laugh not  :lol:, never had problems with it , and I still have a computer with Win 3.1 on, somewhere in the back of the garage , all 66MHz and 16Mb of ram ( my first upgrade, up from 8Mb to 16Mb of ram ,  :lol:)

aaarh,   them were the days ,............. not , :evil6:

recently I got to run a laptop with 2000 on it , and was impressed with that o/s

it ran much better than the Xp Pro I had to put on , but it was an old laptop 750 MHz ,

I guess it comes down to horses for courses , Xp does all I need , never had a problem with it , and I love the A.S.Recovery on  Xp Pro ,

no doubt I will get Vista one day , but not on this box , 2.7MHz AMD Barton + 1 GB ram

my next build maybe ,

:shocked: 13/7 for not upgrading , well I guess not that big a suprize , the tech guys

don't buy new computers from the super store ,Maybe ? ,  and Mr. Gates hasn't sold the idea to us, no doubt we will laugh at this topic in another 5 years , I can remember my reluctance to move off Win  M.E. , ( not till 2003 )  :lol:

I just think gates is going the wrong way. Just like the new cars out. Oh sure more bells and whistles, but sure a pain in the ass and cashy to fix. Less can be so much more. Yea windows 2000 was nice. Was a pain when it came to the drivers. 2000 just did not have many drivers. Gotta wonder after vista how big and bad will your computer need to be? What a min of 4 gig?  Unless there is a major file system change like windows 98"s fats to xp"s ntfs, I can see tons staying with xp.