problems with virgin

cif

i have had this problem for quite a while, for some reason my internet just cuts off and i need to reset the modem and my router before it will work again. my router is a belkin wireless g plus router, and im using an ethernet cable not wireless. it usually cuts off when im downloading a few things like torrents. but also cuts off at random other times. also im supposed to be on 10mb but am only gettin 3.6 with this test. anyone have any idea how to fix this?

btw, i just tried uk server and got 5.2 then i tried the 1 in holland and got 7.5 im pretty pleased. thanks :D also any suggestions about why it keeps turning itself off. when it does the lights: power/enet/sync/rdy are still on/flashing if that helps. put u/s and d/s dont do anything and i need to reset the modem to make it work. thanks

Is this a cable modem?  Your signal might be too strong, or its possible that its getting static buildup some how.  Thats about the only thing I can think of.  Have you run the latest firmware updates for both the router and the modem?

no ill have a look for them, im pretty sure its not the router thought as it still happens when just the modem is plugged straight to my computer. but ill still try updates. any clue on were to find them?