search for it and or links.......

ninjageek

I used to hang in another forum. I got so sick of everytime someone asked a question they either gave a link and or "google it". That just tweaks me out. Just because you "google it" does not mean your gonna find the right information. Just because you click a link is no indication they can understand it. Some of the stuff can get pretty geeky.

Think the other that really tweaks me is someone responding "thats a dumb question"! Oh that really gripes me. I just wanna reach through the screen and slap them for that kind comment. For whoever reads this. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Ask anything you wanna know,'

I have been asked and taught someone what reboot means and how to do it.

What computer wallpaper is and how to find it.

Where and what is my desktop.

Everyone has to learn sometime. Thoes are NOT dumb questions. If you don't know, ask. Its how we all learned. I promise we were not born geeks. We are not all college students who study computers for a living. We are just normal everyday people that spent years learning this stuff by asking and learning. Sorry. Im ranting. I just hate snooty "thats a silly question google it" people. And for goodness sakes if you dont understand what someone is trying to say, ask again. Myself included have caught myself speeking a bit to geeky.  Time to shut up.

I used to hang in another forum. I got so sick of everytime someone asked a question they either gave a link and or "google it". That just tweaks me out. Just because you "google it" does not mean your gonna find the right information. Just because you click a link is no indication they can understand it. Some of the stuff can get pretty geeky.

Think the other that really tweaks me is someone responding "thats a dumb question"! Oh that really gripes me. I just wanna reach through the screen and slap them for that kind comment. For whoever reads this. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Ask anything you wanna know,'

I have been asked and taught someone what reboot means and how to do it.

What computer wallpaper is and how to find it.

Where and what is my desktop.

Everyone has to learn sometime. Thoes are NOT dumb questions. If you don't know, ask. Its how we all learned. I promise we were not born geeks. We are not all college students who study computers for a living. We are just normal everyday people that spent years learning this stuff by asking and learning. Sorry. Im ranting. I just hate snooty "thats a silly question google it" people. And for goodness sakes if you dont understand what someone is trying to say, ask again. Myself included have caught myself speeking a bit to geeky.  Time to shut up.

You said it well, that has been our motto for a long time here. You are absolutly right. Spot on. I could have written this same post myself and nothing would have been different.

Now thats funny. My kids seems to think that ol dad may know some about computers he is still a big dork that went to school with fred flinstone. Now that they are ages 21 and 22 I can reply that all may be true. But I did not have to wrap myself in suran wrap every time I wanted to go on a "date". That usually shuts them up.

Then of course I also have to remind them they have my dna. Of couse my daughter says her dna came from the ups man, so she is fine. I remind her if thats the case that ups man owes me some  back child support I gladly paid. And next time she needs ol dad's wallet she can just go find money at the ups store. That shuts them up.