Internet Banking...

wyantm06

Ok, I check what was taken from my bank account via my bank site. It says every purchase, deposit, etc. Do any of you not use your check book due to this? I mean do you still mark deposits and subtract purchases? Or do you just check the site? I find it kind of pointless to even be writing the stuff down since I can look it up right online. Would it still be better to write everything down? Thanks.

Ok, I check what was taken from my bank account via my bank site. It says every purchase, deposit, etc. Do any of you not use your check book due to this? I mean do you still mark deposits and subtract purchases? Or do you just check the site? I find it kind of pointless to even be writing the stuff down since I can look it up right online. Would it still be better to write everything down? Thanks.

No.... I probably should, but i just don't because i'm lazy that way. My wife does it but there is really no point because i don't so our check book would be so wrong  :haha: :haha:

:evil2:having been nearly plished 2 times on my paypal account and having a Direct debit set up on my bank account for some low lifes cellphone , I write it all down , and study my monthly statement carefully , and I   do not use an internet bank account ,

just my thoughts on this,  

i keep a rough tally of what the balance should be in my head and check the balance via phonebanking every couple days. if there is a big discrepancy i check online which i usually do once a week or so anyway, going through the online listing of account activity for transactions that don't look right.

as far as phshing goes, you just have to remember neither the bank or paypal or anyone else will contact you via phone or e-mail or snailmail for account info. if they do, do NOT use links given. if the bank contacts you, call them at the number you know, not one given in correspondence and ask what it is about, and take the time to drive out to a branch if there really is an issue that needs to be dealt with.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER give info via any media, be it mail, e-mail or online.

there is a whole artform called social engineering that is tailored to get any kind of info from you.

and be careful about your trash. shred or burn (fireplace or grill) any documents with personal info you plan to throw away.

i use the online site...have for years...i check it every day and i know exactly who i've bought from...and have found errors...and also where my kids that have cards to my account made a purchase and forgot to tell me a couple of times...no biggie stuff tho...i know exactly what i have in all my accounts at all times...and i also have paypal...no problems there either

i keep all receipts...ALL receipts except mcdonalds and jack in the box...i8 throw those out soon as they post to my account.

Yeah, I am thinking about just ripping the pages out that I already have information on. I get confused from the internet banking and my book. My book shows I have $4 less than what the internet says. Don't know how lol. That's why I just want to scrap it.

I don't have much of a choice, I have  several businesses, and they go through QuickBooks. If I didn't do things directly in connection w/ the banks servers, I could really end up in a mess. Plus I don't have to worry about whats in my accounts, it shows in my registry in the program So there's never a discrepancy.  Waiting for a piece of paper in the mail would only complicate things.

Well i dont every right any checks except to my mortgage and my electric. I use my debit car the most, and i never keep log what i have spend. I just remember what i have spent, and look online what i have in the bank

I tend to get lazy at times and do the same  :haha:

Then ill pay my rent in cash like i did the other day which is wrong on so many levels.  :evil6:

Yeah, I am thinking about just ripping the pages out that I already have information on. I get confused from the internet banking and my book. My book shows I have $4 less than what the internet says. Don't know how lol. That's why I just want to scrap it.

No! dont do that... Because alot of online pay options use " internet electronic checking"  You HAVE to keep a check book or you will overdraft your account quick. Checks take between 3 and 14 days to clear depending on who and when they cash it. So you write out a check , well not literally write it out, but you pay your , for example, Geico payment online, which is one site that uses the electronic checking, and it doesnt clear for a week.... you forget it hasnt cleared so you go out and get yourself a stereo for $200.00 ... BAM!  YOur not onjloy $-200 in the bank but your actually -$236 in the bank because of the NSF sercharge. 

ALWAYS keep a damn written log... You work for your money , dont fuck it up!

No! dont do that... Because alot of online pay options use " internet electronic checking"  You HAVE to keep a check book or you will overdraft your account quick. Checks take between 3 and 14 days to clear depending on who and when they cash it. So you write out a check , well not literally write it out, but you pay your , for example, Geico payment online, which is one site that uses the electronic checking, and it doesnt clear for a week.... you forget it hasnt cleared so you go out and get yourself a stereo for $200.00 ... BAM!  YOur not onjloy $-200 in the bank but your actually -$236 in the bank because of the NSF sercharge. 

ALWAYS keep a damn written log... You work for your money , dont fuck it up!

True, I forgot all about checks lol. My credit card bill will really mess me up then if I wouldhave done that. Thanks.

Guest PeePs

funny this topic came up, because today i just checked my online bank account and notices a $1 charge for "TWX*AOL SERVICE 800-827-6364 NY 10019", which doesn't make sense because .... 1. I live nowhere near new york. and 2. I would never ever buy anything from AOL. Looks like im ganna be calling that number. I also noticed the place where i just quit working failed to automatically deposit my last pay check, so thats another place i need to call  :cry: .