Error Message When Upgrading Software - Help Please!

bicth1

When trying to upgrade from Quickbooks Pro 2005 to Quickbooks Pro 2007, I get the following error message:

Strong name validation failed for assembly 'C:windowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322regasm.exe'.  The file may have been tampered with or it was partially signed but not fully signed with the correct private key.

Can anyone tell me what this means and more importantly, what to do about it?  Naturally Quickbooks tech support is not open on the weekend, which seemed like the logical time to do this update!

This sounds like a problem with the .net framework installer (which is likely built into the QuickBooks installer).  There's a couple possibilities here because of .net's requirements.  The first thing you'll want to do is to make sure that you're running XP service pack 2.  If you're not sure, you can go to Start - Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - System, and it should tell you if you've got 'SP2' installed.  If not, you'll want to run Windows Update, which should update you to the latest service pack.  After that, you will probably want to do a manual install or re-install of the .net framework.  You can grab the latest version from here.

If none of that works, you may have to bite the bullet and call over to Intuit tomorrow and see what needs to be done.

Good Luck.

Yes it is a .NET problem for sure.  You could try upgrading to 2.0 and seeing if that made any difference.  I don't know if calling quickbooks is going to make a difference.  My guess would be.. that they are just going to point the finger at Microsoft and say that it isnt their problem.