Question about Direcway's NAT

Wizdoms^

Hey, im sure this question will be pretty easy for Rev =P but how can i allow ports to be open through the DW6000? For fun i tried to set up a VNC Server on my machine, for emergency use and whatnot.. but when i tried to use it i was not allowed through.. and i even tried many common ports.. i.e 80, 21, 81... stuff like that =P Does anyone know if i can open ports on the modem? or are they open and something was not working right? Thanks in advance!

Wiz^

Thanks for the reply again.. here i go =P

I understand how direcway works, i can ping my system from non local machines, from several locations.. and i know its my machine because if the 900 ping =P

I dont have a firewall and i do understand how VNC porting works.. BUT.. im using a "Mod" of VNC called TightVNC.. Very easy to use, ive tried the original WinVNC.. So i was used to using the -5920 and when i enter it. it gives me port 80.. so that is not the problem.. I am using a router on my system.. but i am routing the ports through it right to my IP, My network is as follows.. =P

1. DW6000

2. Linksys 5 port router ---- into my pc

3. D-Link wireless router with DHCP DIsabled.. (expencive wireless switch)

Im still trying to figure this out because it would be a nice feature to have incase i need to access my pc remotely.. Thanks for your help brad.. i appriciate it.. But i still think that Dway disables external ports.. i mean.. hell... they dont even let us download over 200 megs =P I wouldnt doubt that they block webserver ports..

Thanks!

Wiz^

I think you are right that Dway is doing something different with port 80, probably because of the Web Acceleration feature. Just to eliminate everything else, have you tried elimating the two routers and connecting directly to the DW6000?

The other thing I tried is the Shields Up! test at GRC.com. It showed every port from 0-1056 in Stealth mode.

Brad