dsl modem ??

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

Well I tried to move things around and it for sure made it worse. I'm not sure how to put this into words so bear with me. Do dsl modems work on a push pull path. One side of it would help pull the signal to the box increasing its speed (the phone line.) And the other side help push the signal out to the ethernet card?? Or am I way of base. In theory it sounds right. Common sense would say thats what it does. Lets face it tho when do computers make common sense.  :D. Second question. Could dsl in a home be done wireless. I have seen where you can add a phone jack to any room with an electrical outlet. Hence I use the word wireless. So again could that be done.?? Or am I way off base. Just trying to learn stuff. Thanks.

+spelling errors fixed+ - CA3LE

Guest helloimtim

Please forgive the second posting. Or I should say update. Must be us guy things tryting to make things complicated. I have been wanting to move my dsl wireing around. In looking at the situwaytion more close which I should of done in the first place its gonna be easy. Im just gonna put a second outlet in this room for a phone. Seems the best and the easyest way to do it. There is some wireing problems as well. So I will just start from square one. Replace my phone and eithernet cables and install a new phone jack. Before I go running back to the store for more stuff, I only have one question for ya. The one phone in the kitchen is a wall mount. Can I just tie into that with some good phone line, run it to my new phone jack. Would that be a problem??  Running it the other way with cat 5 just didnt work. Live and learn. Yea I am gonna wait a week or 2 before doing all this. Make sure Im not missing something else simple. Jezzzzz thanks........later.

:)  helloimtim

Yes you can run and extension from any existing outlet to the new room where you wish to put new phone outlet, all you need to do is hook up an R.J.11c  and your in business. The only thing you may need to address is, if there is or was a filter or the device that is hooked up for your connection is at the old jack or the M-pop or d-marc.

Just use 22 gauge twisted pair wire if your not gonna use cat5 , and it usually doesn't matter but it is better if the jack is wired with correct polarity (tip and ring) its similar to positive and negative.

8) Microwave

Guest helloimtim

Thand you guys. I just started from square one. I ran the cat 5 into the back of my phone jack that goes on the wall. Up and over the drop down celling. Down to my computer. Put the cat on a phone jack. WOW what a diffrence. Bascially used cat 5 for phone line and hard wired into the only phone jack I have. Ran to my puter in the other room. Sure made a diffrence. Just now have to get me a new ethernet cable. My cap is 1.1 and i run really close to 9. For lack of better words it just seems more consistent now if that makes sense??  When in doubt rewire and use the good stuf sure helped me. Thank you again. Later...........

Thand you guys. I just started from square one. I ran the cat 5 into the back of my phone jack that goes on the wall. Up and over the drop down celling. Down to my computer. Put the cat on a phone jack. WOW what a diffrence. Bascially used cat 5 for phone line and hard wired into the only phone jack I have. Ran to my puter in the other room. Sure made a diffrence. Just now have to get me a new ethernet cable. My cap is 1.1 and i run really close to 9. For lack of better words it just seems more consistent now if that makes sense??