SBC Express pakage to Pro package *read me*

Crindle

Hello all I am new and come with baggage.

I have had SBC dsl for a while now and had express package, which is up to 1.5mbps max, and was never getting that only like 800 or so. 

Now I changed to Pro package from 1.5-3.0mbps, but heres the problem.  I have called them several times and used multiple speed test sights, and have even generated more then one under the same circumstances to insure an accurate reading through averaging. 

I have tried without router, only one computer online, routed, no AVG, no Zalarm, no phone on filter with dsl line.  power cycle, checked all filters, dsl line plugged right into wall jack for phone and here is the depressing results I got.

Test#1 (all connected, routed, program avg, zalarm on, and dsl filtered with phone on other port.)  1652mbps download 422kbps.

Test#2 (same as above conditions)  1651mbps download, 435kbps upload.

Test#3 (see above for conditions) 1651mbps download, 435kbps upload.

The packages says from 1.5-3.0mbps for download and I am not even getting that any ideas?

The line techs are supposed to be doing test and call me in 24hrs and then consult for an appointment to my house, which I have to pay for.  Or can ask for a solution.  What should I do or what do you think happened.

I know others who had this I read one from here and decided to come help me.

Thanks,

Another disatisfied DSL high speed internet SBC suscriber.

Chris

what is your current sync rate at?  If you go to 192.168.0.1 it will tell you that information.  Also sometimes when people are upgraded from express to pro they go through a rampup process.  So it could be that your sync is lower and that could explain the slower speeds.  If it's been 10 days and your sync rate is still slower you should call them and just have them adjust it for you.  I have the pro package myself.  After overhead you can expect to see about 2.5Mb download.  Good luck. 

Rx Tx

140 Current Rate 1984 512

141 Previous Rate 1984000 512000

142 DSL Max Rate - -

143 DSL Min Rate - -

144 Current ATTN DR 1984 -

145 Current SNRM 19.5 16.0

146 Current LATN - -

147 Current SATN 44.0 -

148 Current TP - 0.5

there is a site called broadband reports.  It has a at&t direct forum in it.   Its  www.dslreports.com  All you have to do is register on the site (it's free) then post in that forum.  Tell them what your issues are and they will help you.  They actually work for at&t.  It usually takes a couple of days for them to get back to you however.   Well that site is down now for some reason, i'm sure it will be back up soon.  Good luck.  Oh also i just seen your latest post.  You should have no problem running full speed.  Your stats are better than mine are and i'm synced at 3008 by 512.     

yes your connection rate should be at 3008 download and 512 upload.  Try calling them up and just simply ask them to raise your connection rate to 3008 download.  I know they can do that cause i'v done it before.  Be persistent cause technically the pro package is between 1.5-3.0mb and you are within spec for pro package but your line stats indicate your line should support the 3008 connection rate.  If by chance that doesn't work try the dslreports.com website i told you about earlier. 

Here is what I think they are going to tell you.. The package is between 1.5 and 3.0...  You are getting 1.6 which fall in between that range.  DSL is entirely dependent on the distance from the Central Office.  So the farther you are the weaker the signal is, therefor the less bandwidth you have.  Seeing the tests that you created, with the switching of the components, I am going to guess that your line is either only capable of 1.6Mbps or there is something wrong on their end.  If their techs do find something then that is great... If they dont.. well then you are most likely stuck at that speed.

Well they might try to tell you that but i still say that is not right.  Your line stats are actually a good bit better than mine are and i am connected at the full speed on pro package.  I still say if the phone option gets you no where to post in at&t direct forum over at dslreports.com  They handle this kind of stuff and work for at&t.  I was technically too far out to get pro but they seen my line could handle pro speeds so they let me get it.  What they can do is a test on your line to see if in fact your line can handle the pro speeds which i'm sure it can based on your line stats.  That site is still down though so i don't know what is going on.  Good luck.     

They said a ticket has been made and our line engineers are working on it now, please keep your modem and computer connect and left online.  Can you be called back at this number, no please put the number where you can be reached in now or say it thank you.  Currentley all our agents are busy please stay on the line to talk about your trouble ticket with a representative. 

Crap like that, they just dont take the hint and try to change the sync rate on my line, they said they found a problem with it, but 3 other people before tested and it was fine.

I really starting to not like SBC, even dish network owned by them are more human and non computer then these guys are.  If I keep on having problems then I am going to do online chat support and keep that lady on the computer forever.

Please help me omg how do I get tier2 people that arent from outsourcing stations?

Thanks,

Chris

They said a ticket has been made and our line engineers are working on it now, please keep your modem and computer connect and left online.  Can you be called back at this number, no please put the number where you can be reached in now or say it thank you.  Currentley all our agents are busy please stay on the line to talk about your trouble ticket with a representative. 

Crap like that, they just dont take the hint and try to change the sync rate on my line, they said they found a problem with it, but 3 other people before tested and it was fine.

I really starting to not like SBC, even dish network owned by them are more human and non computer then these guys are.  If I keep on having problems then I am going to do online chat support and keep that lady on the computer forever.

Please help me omg how do I get tier2 people that arent from outsourcing stations?

Thanks,

Chris

I can tell you how to get to tier 2, but you would be telling lies and then tier two probably wont help you. If there is an outage in your area, they wont move you anyway.. I dont think. I do have to say I got SBC a while back and had tons of trouble. Finally had a tech come out to look (thought it was waste of time) it has been perfect ever sense. I had moisture in the line. I will say I doubt you are going to get your max speed. I am the elite tier (or whatever they call it) and I rarely go over 5 down. I do stay close but my max is 6 down.

A woman called my house from SBC, gave me a number and choose maintenance extension, and gave phone number, and proble, and shes fixed my sync rate with ease 3008 by 512, and now I get about 2.5 and 435 upload or around there, I am so happy, just had to call six times, 2 online chat sessions, and piss one lady off, and had 3 people make me tickets, lol and then find I already have one.  Damn I am good, and thank you all that helped me, they can just adjust sync rate, she said it optimizes in 10days, but if you feel it is slow just give us a call.  And call back in 24hours if after monitoring it you lose speed and we will lower the sync rate.

Thanks okeedoke

have a nice day

Goodbye

WOOOT!

A woman called my house from SBC, gave me a number and choose maintenance extension, and gave phone number, and proble, and shes fixed my sync rate with ease 3008 by 512, and now I get about 2.5 and 435 upload or around there, I am so happy, just had to call six times, 2 online chat sessions, and piss one lady off, and had 3 people make me tickets, lol and then find I already have one.  Damn I am good, and thank you all that helped me, they can just adjust sync rate, she said it optimizes in 10days, but if you feel it is slow just give us a call.  And call back in 24hours if after monitoring it you lose speed and we will lower the sync rate.

Thanks okeedoke

have a nice day

Goodbye

WOOOT!

Sweet.  :grin2: