This Weeks Guide...

Swimmer

I will write a weekly, if needed, guide on how to do something if someone is have issues or I think it is just outright cool..  I will try and have them done by Friday so that you all have the weekend to work on your systems.

So.. here is the schedule:

5/11: Dual boot: Windows XP and openSuSE 10.2

5/18:  How to get wireless working in openSuSE 10.2

6/3 DVD Playback in SuSE 10.2: How to watch movies

Ummm..  How did you do that?  Did you look in the wrong location?

no i had downloaded suse 10.1, never touched the dvd i burned the iso to. then downloaded suse 10.2 and accidentally grabbed the 10.1 dvd instead of the 10.2 dvd right after i used gparted. and i didnt think about it untill i had like 5 minutes of install left  :uglystupid2:

Doing it Monday..  My mom was really sick.. Sorry about this guys.. I will make it up to you.

What type of wifi card do you have?? Does SuSE detect it or not?

Sorry to hear that about your mom  :undecided:, hope she is feeling better now  :smile2:

well i have an acer aspire 3100 laptop with the integrated "Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi!" is all i know about it. and i dont think it detects it because i have the wifi switch turned on but nothing happens. it just says the my network manager is off....and wont let me turn it on, so i use an ethernet cord and all is fine.

Sorry to hear that about your mom  :undecided:, hope she is feeling better now  :smile2:

well i have an acer aspire 3100 laptop with the integrated "Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi!" is all i know about it. and i dont think it detects it because i have the wifi switch turned on but nothing happens. it just says the my network manager is off....and wont let me turn it on, so i use an ethernet cord and all is fine.

see if you can find out what wireless chipset it uses. I looked for a few minutes but i couldn't find it.

same here dlewis, i looked again and this is all i found 

Networking

Networking Network adapter

Wireless NIC Acer InviLink 802.11b/g

Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Features Acer SignalUp

Compliant Standards IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED

i guess i could uninstall suse and use ubuntu, i can use that easier and it recognizes my wireless better....