New Prime Minister

Roco

LONDON:

A new broom is sweeping through European politics. Just six weeks after regime change in France, a new British prime minister will march onto the international stage. :roll:

But where Brussels, Berlin and Washington were overjoyed at Nicolas Sarkozy's election, they look to Gordon Brown's ascendancy with trepidation.

quotes from Gordon Brown

"Fair play is important but we also have a sense of oddity and intense competition.

"I think the days of Britain having to apologise for our history are over. I think we should move forward. I think we should celebrate much of our past rather than apologise for it and we should talk, rightly so, about British values.

He rejects the idea of the Cool Britannia of Tony Blair's early years. More seriously he is critical of the idea that Britain can be a bridge between Europe and the United States - an idea which Tony Blair has made his own.

quote from Roco

the writing is on the *wall , times are a changing ,

we soon will have a dour Scot  as our new Prime Minister,  the very man who was  responsible for setting out taxation levels .

*English Joke , Hadrian's wall, built to keep the Scots out of England  :smile2:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/2007-04-11-hadrians-wall-england_N.htm

huh Gordon Brown's

whats he going to do

i will be here

:lol: you may be the last person here , I hope to be in Spain by then, along with the other 52 Million Brits ,

so could you turn the lights out when you finally leave  :lol:

seriously it is an odd situation,  Scotland has finally got it's own parliment and freedom ,

but  England  will have a Scotish Prime Minister  :shock:................... :idiot2:

I think England will become more isolated from the rest of the world , and there will be finacial cutbacks ,  he is famous for having deep pockets and short arms  :evil6:,

You know here in the states there is a off color joke about minorities all looking the same. Example: All white people look the same. After looking at that pic... I think you need to include brits in that.  :haha: :haha: Hope he works out well... by the time they get to that level I believe they are all corrupt and worthless anyway.

I will need to do more research on Brown but, I hope he is not another Blair.

peepnklown

I think you will find him totaly different to Blair who for all his faults, was open about things .

with Brown I think you will find a gradual withdraw from world afairs and support ,

he will weigh  up all the options first , then choose the one that puts money in the bank ,

the inportant London newspapers are making downbeat reports on the future ,

"British Prime Minister Tony Blair, after weeks of speculation and leaks about when exactly it would come, has announced that he is stepping down as leader of the Labor Party and therefore as prime minister

• 3 months later...

peepnklown

I think you will find him totaly different to Blair who for all his faults, was open about things .

with Brown I think you will find a gradual withdraw from world afairs and support ,

he will weigh  up all the options first , then choose the one that puts money in the bank ,

the inportant London newspapers are making downbeat reports on the future ,

if I was a terrorist , I would be planning to have a street party after hearing this news , :biggun:

OK maybe we were too hasty in starting the war , and it is going to go on for years , but this sort of break up is only going to make it run longer , IMHO

update  :evil2:

MoD confirms Iraq troop reduction 

Some 5,500 UK troops are currently serving in Iraq

The number of British troops in Iraq will be cut to 5,000 by the end of 2007, the Ministry of Defence has said. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6906724.stm