need to brainstorm for vista boot issues........

ninjageek

Now that I have had to fight for a 2nd time vista boot issues I need to know how to fix this. I tried both vistabootpro and one other, the name escapes me. vistabootpro did fine fixing vista bootup. The problem is xp booting up to that stupid /ntrdl missing file.

1.So to fix it. I know I need to copy and replace a couple of fliles from xp.

2. I know they have to go back into the xp directory, i326 I believe thats the right number for it.

3. I am pretty sure if you do a repair job on xp. Boot it and type in fixboot, I think? It has to go to C drive, that would be the one vista is on.

So how do I fix it, and what is the best way to go about it. I really want to learn how to do it. I have googled it to death and most of it makes not allot of sense. My setup works fine. Sooner or later My phone is gonna ring with "help"!!

I will be so glad when some smart person (probally a 13 year old kid) comes up with a program to fix it automatically.