Red X's in email

rlh24

I am getting email with pictures in them and all I see is the dreaded red x. I have shut down my kaspersky and zonealarm and the problem still exist. This issue is only happening in emails not on websites. Any suggestions on what else I could check? This happens on all 3 accounts on this computer.

I have attached a screenshot of Internet Explorer Advanced settings screen.

:) I am assuming that in your email settings for O.E under security you have un-checked the window that says Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could contain a virus ?? I have forgotten to remove this check many times and try and figure whats wrong ..... so just double check and let us know and we can try something else if you would like.... :)

8) Microwave

Thanks Microwave. That setting WAS checked. I have un-checked it now. What would that have to do with my other accounts though. I was thinking it must be a setting that effected the entire computer. Just a question, I have no idea. That is why I am asking for help.

:) Good I'm glad that worked, and sorry we were so long helping you.......It is a global setting and OE comes defaulted that way, which is wrong IMO.One more issue that can come into play for instance I use OE, but my mail server is comming fro COX so I have to intergrate my settings to work with them and COX is an easy one to intergrate....... The real problem is that there is no one standard not only for this but everything, Oh well I guess if you use someones product you have to adapt it how they want.. I happen to like OE, although I have YehWhoo and Gmail and a few others.IMO AoHell is the worst,They make it almost impossible if you are using their account to get mail from another server,for instance my Uncle has COX and an AOL account for when he is on the road, but AOL even if you use IE corrupts the data so rarely Can he get his mail using his AOL account.......its just crazy, sorry being long winded..... L0L.... keep visiting and tell your friends about TESTMY.NET.... :)

8) Microwave

Microwave, I am not sure that has fixed the issue yet. I have not received any email from the person that this issue mostly effects. It is weird, it does not happen on any web page, just email. Could this be an issue with the way the person sending me the email is doing it? Attachments seem to always come through ok. I am sorry that I may not have communicated the resolution clearly. No problem. We will just have to test it out. I will post a reply when I am sure wheather that change worked.

Darn it. I just had a email from someone and the pictures were all the darn red x. I am at a lost. What is going on here. Please remember this is on all email accounts. This must be a computer setting. Help. Help. Please. Could this be a result of how they are sending the email since attachments open fine? Just drawing straws here.